E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > The IOWA thread

06-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #23
WERND
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92

They have a bunch of classes, so how ever your modified or not modified defines what class your in.

Well I got an iPOD interface installed the other day. To install it they had to update the software on the car. This had quite the effect on the exhaust valve. Before it ran closed until about 4000rpm, now it's open unless it thinks your going to want power. Then it shuts for a bit to make back pressure until the turbos are spooled at which point it opens again. Anyway, what this does is it creates a much louder exhaust note most of the time and I love it! Course, I can't open my trunk now.......
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 04:30 PM   #24
WERND
Captain
Rep

Bought the aero front lip today. Can't wait to get it installed and see the new look. Thought about ordering the short shift kit but EMC wanted $460 for it plus install. Called Markel to see the price for it installed.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2008, 10:01 PM   #25
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e46 M3

Nice! I knew it wouldn't take long. Any news on tint?
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2008, 04:18 PM   #26
WERND
Captain
Rep

Gonna wait until after my on-call week now. Hope it warms up a bit for the day I get it done.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2008, 07:22 PM   #27
Prez
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a few

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERND View Post
Bought the aero front lip today. Can't wait to get it installed and see the new look. Thought about ordering the short shift kit but EMC wanted $460 for it plus install. Called Markel to see the price for it installed.
Guess we'll have to do pics again huh?

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #28
WERND
Captain
Rep

Yes, and those grill have gotta go! Like right now.......
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 08:11 AM   #29
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep

Whats wrong with the grill?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2008, 03:07 PM   #30
WERND
Captain
Rep

Need to be flat black like the ones I ordered. Got the front lip today when I went to order the performance shift knob. Hope it's painted before friday so I can put it on.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #31
flukey
Go big or go home!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

I don't know if any of you have gone to the EuroWerkz LC shop near Des Moines, but I am really dissappointed with the experience I had.

http://www.eurowerkzlc.com/

I called Doug, owner of this company to inquire about installing a boost gauge and oil catch can. Immediately he asked, why do you need an oil catch can. I stated it was due to the nature of a boosted car and their oil issues. He asked if I had any performance software and I stated I use the SSTT.

Next thing I know he says, "I'm a DINAN dealer I can't help you with that phony stuff. Goodbye."

That is utterly rediculous in my opinion. I was not asking him to perform any type of repair, I simply wanted to install my boost gauge and oil catch can. Just because I'm not using anything DINAN means I can't be a customer? It makes no sense.

EuroWerkz LC gets an F- in my book and Doug is an ass. He needs to get off his DINAN high horse...

BTW, do any of you guys know any good perfomance shops in the area who treat customers with respect? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #32
WERND
Captain
Rep

LOL, that's about how well Doug and I get along also. Would you happen to be the one that was at EMC for the Drive? Might have seen your car, roof spoiler? If so you parked a couple slots down from me (grey E92). Saw your car when I was leaving and when I came back to look at it a few minutes later you had already left. It looked very nice. Anyway, in the past I've always install things like that myself with a bit of help from Forums like this. However, this car seems pretty difficult to take apart. I'd be willing to help if you wanted to do it yourself. I've done many things before guages, catch can (both on STis) coilovers, sways, etc. Really it just takes time and some studying. Let me know if I can help in anyway. But to FINALLY answer your question, no I don't know of any shops because I've always done the stuff myself.

British Grand Prix
Sunday my place
11:30
Burgers
bring your drink of choice
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2008, 09:19 AM   #33
WERND
Captain
Rep

Heard of a place called Wrenches on SE14th st. I guess they're really good. I have a friend who is taking an RS4 there to get things done to it.

Well, Markel didn't get the wheel done so they sent me home in a loaner. Sucks because I really wanted to play with it on the way home. Now I'm going to waste alot of gas around town getting it out of my system. They're going to deliver my car back to me and pickup the X3 since it has some hood damage that they caused. I was suprised at how much of a difference there is in the car's exhaust note just because it has the auto. It doesn't sound nearly as good or as loud as my car even though I did the golf tee mod to it, LOL. You can tell that it has lighter rims than what I have though, it really seems to pick up speed even with the xi system, which I was really happy with. Coming from the STi I would have to say I like the xi system on this car, I felt at home in the corners with the front pulling me through. Going to have to test it out a bit more this week. Can I get an '11 Tii in Xi?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 08:40 PM   #34
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep

Hey forgot to ask if you guys are doing the Road Rally thing on Thursday. I think I might with Derek. Let me know if you are.

Here are the details:
Road Rally 2008 July CRUISE Event

Thursday, July 10
Happy Hour 5:00pm
Leave Firken Fox in West Des Moines @ 6:30 pm

Road Rally 2008 patron Steve Myers (yellow Lotus at the cruse-ins) has
kindly offered to lead us to his British car haven. His warehouse filled
with 20 plus collector autos located in the Ames area. Steve has put
together a nice little trek through some back roads for us on the way up
there (No river crossings this time I promise). Directions will be provided
to all Rallians when we leave the Firkin Fox at 6:30 pm, so make sure to
show up early so we can all leave together. Road Rally 2008 will be
providing everyone with burgers, brats and chips at the end point, please
make sure to pack your own beverages. Participants are free to take off at
any point during the evening. You may want to stay after for the food, a
tour of his shop, and a summer bonfire that is open to everyone
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #35
WERND
Captain
Rep

I'd be up for that. Gotta have some "wheel" time, lol. Finally got the car back today after the install.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:56 PM   #36
RuSport
Private First Class
Rep

I think Derek is drivin on his own, so if you want company I will come along with ya to see some more shift light action...hahah
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 10:29 PM   #37
flukey
Go big or go home!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335xi

Hey, sorry I havn't been around since I posted. Been pretty busy with the flooding nonsense and what not.

Thanks for the input WERND, however, I was not at the event. I would definitely like to get together with fellow iowans, but im restricted to weekend events because im all the way in iowa city!

let me know!

also, btw, im getting my install done at RennART in Chicago. I've got to make a trip up there over July 18-July 19. Forge DVs, oil catch can, and rixster boost gauge!

I'm happy!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 11:10 PM   #38
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Hey guys - I saw Markel in a couple of your posts. Is that Markel BMW in Omaha?

If so, are you happy with their service department?

The reason I ask is that I live in Omaha.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 11:47 AM   #39
Prez
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: a few

I am always at this event. This isn't so much a rally as it is a gathering. The Rally goes down in September.

Either way it is a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuSport View Post
Hey forgot to ask if you guys are doing the Road Rally thing on Thursday. I think I might with Derek. Let me know if you are.

Here are the details:
Road Rally 2008 July CRUISE Event

Thursday, July 10
Happy Hour 5:00pm
Leave Firken Fox in West Des Moines @ 6:30 pm

Road Rally 2008 patron Steve Myers (yellow Lotus at the cruse-ins) has
kindly offered to lead us to his British car haven. His warehouse filled
with 20 plus collector autos located in the Ames area. Steve has put
together a nice little trek through some back roads for us on the way up
there (No river crossings this time I promise). Directions will be provided
to all Rallians when we leave the Firkin Fox at 6:30 pm, so make sure to
show up early so we can all leave together. Road Rally 2008 will be
providing everyone with burgers, brats and chips at the end point, please
make sure to pack your own beverages. Participants are free to take off at
any point during the evening. You may want to stay after for the food, a
tour of his shop, and a summer bonfire that is open to everyone
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 04:36 PM   #40
WERND
Captain
Rep

Markel's service is, OK. The seem to be a reasonable price for things, they just always seem to run into snags. That and they don't do a very good job of calling you back.

Rusport sounds good.

Flukey where is Rennart in ChiTown. I might swing by to check out how their exhaust sounds. See if it's worth the money. Also when might you be leaving? Another E92 owner and I are going over to tire rack to see what will and won't fit on the front of my car.

Don't forget the picnic this weekend at Saylorville, that's a weekend event.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 10:50 PM   #41
David 12
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW X5 50i BSM, M Sport

Thanks - It looks like you guys have a strong owner's group!

It would be great if a couple of us 335i owners from Omaha could come to an event sometime.

By the way, I purchased my tires and wheels from Tire Rack and am very happy (I got a set of PS2's and cheap lightweight wheels.)

Take care
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 10:01 PM   #42
Gossamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by flukey View Post
I don't know if any of you have gone to the EuroWerkz LC shop near Des Moines, but I am really dissappointed with the experience I had.

http://www.eurowerkzlc.com/

I called Doug, owner of this company to inquire about installing a boost gauge and oil catch can. Immediately he asked, why do you need an oil catch can. I stated it was due to the nature of a boosted car and their oil issues. He asked if I had any performance software and I stated I use the SSTT.

Next thing I know he says, "I'm a DINAN dealer I can't help you with that phony stuff. Goodbye."

That is utterly rediculous in my opinion. I was not asking him to perform any type of repair, I simply wanted to install my boost gauge and oil catch can. Just because I'm not using anything DINAN means I can't be a customer? It makes no sense.

EuroWerkz LC gets an F- in my book and Doug is an ass. He needs to get off his DINAN high horse...

BTW, do any of you guys know any good perfomance shops in the area who treat customers with respect? Thanks.
I can't defend Doug because I don't know him but have spoken with him numerous times. I'll tell you this...his reputation is pretty strong in the racing and tracking community. My guess is that when he became a Dinan dealer he agreed to not work on/with vehicles with other types of tuning that may be considered competition. It surprises me that you received that kind of treatment...every time I've called he's been more than civil. Maybe you caught him on a bad day?
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 09:17 PM   #43
Gossamer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

SSTT

Any of you with the SSTT, have you had service done at European motorcars and did they give you a hard time or recognize that you had it?

Also, I know some of you have gotten together before...any interest in doing it again? I'd like to get the chance to meet some of the fellow enthusiasts from Des Moines. Would also like to organize a trip to MAM to drive around the track a little.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 10:07 PM   #44
07 coupe
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David 12 View Post
Thanks - It looks like you guys have a strong owner's group!

It would be great if a couple of us 335i owners from Omaha could come to an event sometime.

By the way, I purchased my tires and wheels from Tire Rack and am very happy (I got a set of PS2's and cheap lightweight wheels.)

Take care
What color 335 do you have? I'm always staring at those on the roads around here. I'm driving an E36/7 Estoril Blue M Roadster right now (my dad drives it sometimes too, so if you see an old guy driving it, it's not me haha), but I'm hoping to get an e92 some time.
Appreciate 0