E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Persistent code 2fbc, what could it be?

02-19-2018, 07:42 PM   #1
JMEngland88
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 335i

Persistent code 2fbc, what could it be?

Okay, so I was getting an occasional limp mode and code 2fbc. Searching doesn't really turn up too much for it but the few times it was mentioned it had to do with the fuel pumps. I replaced the lpfp first with an upgraded one, didn't fix it, so I just replaced the hpfp with the newest revision one. Code is still here!?! It won't go away, at all, even for a split second. When I clear the code it immediately comes back, even with the engine not running (ignition on, engine off). Makes me think it's something electrical, but I looked over the wiring and everything looked okay. Anyone else had this code? How did you fix it?

To recap:
Limp mode
Code 2fbc
LPFP brand new
HPFP brand new
Code reappears even without starting the engine

Thanks for any help, I'm lost here...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
N54B30A
Captain
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2021 HS M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMEngland88 View Post
Okay, so I was getting an occasional limp mode and code 2fbc. Searching doesn't really turn up too much for it but the few times it was mentioned it had to do with the fuel pumps. I replaced the lpfp first with an upgraded one, didn't fix it, so I just replaced the hpfp with the newest revision one. Code is still here!?! It won't go away, at all, even for a split second. When I clear the code it immediately comes back, even with the engine not running (ignition on, engine off). Makes me think it's something electrical, but I looked over the wiring and everything looked okay. Anyone else had this code? How did you fix it?

To recap:
Limp mode
Code 2fbc
LPFP brand new
HPFP brand new
Code reappears even without starting the engine

Thanks for any help, I'm lost here...
Any update on this? I have the same issue. I havent changed anything yet but a few people changed everything you did and it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse.
      02-27-2021, 11:42 PM   #3
cargolue
Rep
Drives: bmw

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54B30A View Post
Any update on this? I have the same issue. I havent changed anything yet but a few people changed everything you did and it turned out to be the fuel pump fuse.
Did you figure it out? I’m having same problem
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:18 PM   #4
ZayN54
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 335i

Please help

Has anyone fixed this? My car has this problem after something touched the alternator an made sparks. The water pump also turns on an stays one just by inserting the key.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2021, 02:57 PM   #5
JuniorB
Major
Rep
Drives: 07 e60 525 N54

It’s not pumps, you have a communication issue. Anytime you have a hard code that won’t clear like this one, then you lost signal somewhere. The only communication is pwm driven , I’d be the ekp. Try and swap it out with a known good one, the na and turbo cars are all the same
Appreciate 0