E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Alarm and IPOD Interface.

10-03-2006, 01:03 PM   #1
vamc.mc
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

Unhappy Alarm and IPOD Interface.

All,
I got my new 325i recently with the new IPOD interface and also ALARM.
I had the car for 2 weeks and noticed that i could not see the options for 'ACOUSTIC SOUND' during locking and unlocking, so i called my CA and asked the reason and he connected me to his service and they said that it is not there due to some software problem and they came to my home with a loaner car and took my car...after 2 days i got my car back and this time i can see the options and it was working fine and then i noticed that the IPOD is no longer available (CDC) in the AUDIO menu....i was shocked...i called my dealer again and they said that when they installed the ALARM it kicked out the IPOD...I gave it to the dealer again and its been 2 days and they said they are having trouble in getting both the alarm and the IPOD software together without any problem...and now since they could not do anything about this, they called in BMW NA and asked for their help....
Did anyone of u have the same problem...i am so pissed off at the quality of the people at the dealerships (atleast here) that they could not get such small things to work...i just hope the problem would be solved soon...
i hope there are so many people out there who have both the ALARM and IPOD interface together and so i dont understand why it is happening with my car alone.....
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #2
e90pdto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Wow, they actually come to your house with a loaner car?
I wouldn"t complain too much if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #3
E90 Enthusiast
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Luckily I have not had any similar issues. Good luck; hope they get it worked out -
      10-03-2006, 05:39 PM   #4
FrankoQ
Deny everything
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i; 2015 X6, S1000RR

Garage List
2015 BMW X6  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Enthusiast
Luckily I have not had any similar issues. Good luck; hope they get it worked out -
Sorry to hear that. I have the alarm installed and was planning to install
the ipod interface... but...
Think I'm going to wait a while before getting the Ipod interface.

I need a drink

Appreciate 0
      10-03-2006, 10:14 PM   #5
vamc.mc
United_States
Rep

update---i called the dealer in the evening and he said it should be fine by tomorrow....he said they installed both now but when they install a new software, they need to get the car into somekind of sleep mode and then restart...and it takes about 30 minutes for that...so he said they will complete everything in the evening and the in the morning it should be ready...so i am eagerly waiting for the morning. I will post once i get the information.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2006, 02:48 PM   #6
vamc.mc
United_States
Rep

they got it to work finally...when i asked what seems to be the problem...they said since they dont have the latest IPOD, they could not do it. that really seems to be a silly one....but anyways i am just glad that it is working fine now....i have got to test everything again once i get out from the office....
Appreciate 0