E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Need Help: Cant Pass Inspection

03-05-2017, 09:10 AM   #133
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX75F92
Are you guys getting the 02 related readiness to clear just by doing the factory drive cycle? Did the cycle twice but the 02 and evap still not ready.
i actually just passed inspection with just evap not ready...the mechanic told me that if your cat monitor isnt ready your o2 monitor will never be ready but assuming yours is ok on the cat side drive a little more it may just take a little while just make sure you shut off auto clear and disable jb4 and try not to drive with heavy acceleration after about 40 miles or so your o2 monitor should ready if everything is ok
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:58 AM   #134
AX75F92
Private
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus2sikwitit View Post
Quote:
Are you guys getting the 02 related readiness to clear just by doing the factory drive cycle? Did the cycle twice but the 02 and evap still not ready.
i actually just passed inspection with just evap not ready...the mechanic told me that if your cat monitor isnt ready your o2 monitor will never be ready but assuming yours is ok on the cat side drive a little more it may just take a little while just make sure you shut off auto clear and disable jb4 and try not to drive with heavy acceleration after about 40 miles or so your o2 monitor should ready if everything is ok
Yeah the catalyst is showing ready. Just the evap, 02 and 02 heater. I checked CA emissions requirements and for our year range we are allowed to have evap not ready.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #135
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah the catalyst is showing ready. Just the evap, 02 and 02 heater. I checked CA emissions requirements and for our year range we are allowed to have evap not ready.
hrt and o2 are the last ones to ready before evap at least for me they cleared evap never cleared...just let the car get cold and cold start and drive below 3k rpm should ready around 45
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 09:05 PM   #136
AX75F92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
hrt and o2 are the last ones to ready before evap at least for me they cleared evap never cleared...just let the car get cold and cold start and drive below 3k rpm should ready around 45
Around 45?
Been diving like 60-80 miles a day and still not cleared. In fact, I notice sometimes the egr and 02 heater will be cleared, then next time I check they've came back...
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2017, 09:48 PM   #137
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?
Been diving like 60-80 miles a day and still not cleared. In fact, I notice sometimes the egr and 02 heater will be cleared, then next time I check they've came back...
its quite possible you are driving the car too hard make sure auto clear is off and jb4 is set to 0/0 completely disabled...once you do that clear the codes..make sure the car is in drive or sport do not drive in manual and do not rev passed 3k rpm do a highway run gradually getting up to 55mph and keep it there for about 10 min if possible all while keeping the rpm under 3k after about 40 to 50 miles if you cat and o2 are completing their readiness egr and hrt should be ready. this is what i did with the o2sim and it worked everytime and i did this cycle maybe 10 times trying to get evap to complete and it did the same thing every time all those monitors were complete except for evap by 50 miles after about 5 miles o2 and cat were ready just clear your trip mileage to monitor exact mileage once u clear the codes
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2017, 10:46 AM   #138
kamfa39
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335xi Black Sapphire

Just passed w Cobb protune
Minus primary cat
However still have secondary- no issues
(As long as no visible check engine light )
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 02:22 AM   #139
AX75F92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?
its quite possible you are driving the car too hard make sure auto clear is off and jb4 is set to 0/0 completely disabled...once you do that clear the codes..make sure the car is in drive or sport do not drive in manual and do not rev passed 3k rpm do a highway run gradually getting up to 55mph and keep it there for about 10 min if possible all while keeping the rpm under 3k after about 40 to 50 miles if you cat and o2 are completing their readiness egr and hrt should be ready. this is what i did with the o2sim and it worked everytime and i did this cycle maybe 10 times trying to get evap to complete and it did the same thing every time all those monitors were complete except for evap by 50 miles after about 5 miles o2 and cat were ready just clear your trip mileage to monitor exact mileage once u clear the codes
Did the complete drive cycle again tonight and still not clearing 02 and evap. Getting really frustrating.

To be sure...disabling jb4 auto clear is 1/4 correct?
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 04:31 AM   #140
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?
Did the complete drive cycle again tonight and still not clearing 02 and evap. Getting really frustrating.

correct but you need to completely shut off jb4 as well 0/0
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 11:25 AM   #141
AX75F92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?

Yup. Did that.
I don't get it...
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2017, 06:33 PM   #142
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?

Yup. Did that.
I don't get it...
damn...either you need to check your connections again...and make sure you are making strong contact or you could have possibly damaged the unit on install...how did you tap into the harness what connectors did you use or did u solder your connections? the only thong i would say before you rip everything out again is to clear all your codes or just disconnect the battery and reconnect it so clear even any permanently stored codes and see if you get a CEL you have to see if the codes your getting from the o2 are not saying you have a short in the line....if thats the case your connections are bad (obv) but if its still saying your o2 is below threshold then you can have a faulty unit...just make sure before you gut it out....also make sure u tapped into the correct o2 wires...when i took mine apart my o2 plugs were reversed for some odd reason and i almost tapped into the wrong one at first
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2017, 01:28 PM   #143
AX75F92
Private
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?

Yup. Did that.
I don't get it...
damn...either you need to check your connections again...and make sure you are making strong contact or you could have possibly damaged the unit on install...how did you tap into the harness what connectors did you use or did u solder your connections? the only thong i would say before you rip everything out again is to clear all your codes or just disconnect the battery and reconnect it so clear even any permanently stored codes and see if you get a CEL you have to see if the codes your getting from the o2 are not saying you have a short in the line....if thats the case your connections are bad (obv) but if its still saying your o2 is below threshold then you can have a faulty unit...just make sure before you gut it out....also make sure u tapped into the correct o2 wires...when i took mine apart my o2 plugs were reversed for some odd reason and i almost tapped into the wrong one at first
Yeah I don't get it...I followed the guide someone posted here on installing the sim with positaps on the 02 sensor harness instead of the engine harness. Quite certain I installed correctly, but I'll double check. I'm thinking if it was installed wrong I should be getting a CEL for 02 or catalyst. I'll also check if my 02s are switched like you noticed on your car, but that seems like it would trigger major A/F correction issues and light up my dash.
I have no "codes" (no engine light on), just readiness monitors refusing to clear. I will contact A74 as well to see if they have encountered this.

Thanks for the help!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2017, 11:05 AM   #144
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?

Yup. Did that.
I don't get it...
Yeah I don't get it...I followed the guide someone posted here on installing the sim with positaps on the 02 sensor harness instead of the engine harness. Quite certain I installed correctly, but I'll double check. I'm thinking if it was installed wrong I should be getting a CEL for 02 or catalyst. I'll also check if my 02s are switched like you noticed on your car, but that seems like it would trigger major A/F correction issues and light up my dash.
I have no "codes" (no engine light on), just readiness monitors refusing to clear. I will contact A74 as well to see if they have encountered this.

Thanks for the help!
i used the positaps but i used the method that was originally posted to install did it on the ecu side and worked flawlessly you should maybe consider the original install method that is on the a74 website...if the current install method isnt working for you
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2017, 12:49 AM   #145
jus2sikwitit
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Around 45?

Yup. Did that.
I don't get it...

Thanks for the help!
i used the positaps but i used the method that was originally posted to install did it on the ecu side and worked flawlessly you should maybe consider the original install method that is on the a74 website...if the current install method isnt working for you
Appreciate 0