E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > EWS not resetting start value, car not starting

09-10-2015, 02:09 PM   #1
morgan084
Registered
Namibia
Rep
Drives: 320i e90

EWS not resetting start value, car not starting

Help please i have an e90 (n46) and i took my car to get a bearing problem fixed. The battery was removed for quite some time and upon reconnecting it the car won't start. It only cranks but won't turn over. I tried using inpa via the K+DCAN USB cable to reset the starting value of the ews but it gives the error

ApiResultText: Error 19
IFH-0009: NO RESPONCE FROM CONTROLUNIT
API job error or no such result
Continue script processing?

If i try the same process for the CAS it seems to work fine. Any ideas what could be causing this?? Is there a problem with my ews or dme or is there another way of aligning the ews-cas, or is it now a software issue (INPA). All help is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 03:32 PM   #2
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

IFH-0009 is a COM error.

If you are able to connect to other modules, it's not the cable or cable setup.

Are you able to read and erase faults for the DME in INPA?

If so, you don't have the proper scripts loaded to run the alignment for CAS/DME.

You can try going into another chassis with the same motor and trying to execute the job from there.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
morgan084
Registered
Namibia
Rep

Thanks for the response, yes I am able to read other faults and delete them. How do I load the proper scripts for cas/DME alignment if its possible to do that??? Can you also please explain the procedure of how I go into another chassis with the same motor because I am still a novice to inpa. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 04:24 PM   #4
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan084 View Post
Thanks for the response, yes I am able to read other faults and delete them. How do I load the proper scripts for cas/DME alignment if its possible to do that??? Can you also please explain the procedure of how I go into another chassis with the same motor because I am still a novice to inpa. Thanks again.
It's easier for you to find the correct scripts and load them. Writing your own and compiling them is not terrible hard but it can be tricky.

Just select another chassis instead of E90.

The N46 motor is used in these chassis: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N46
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
morgan084
Registered
Namibia
Rep

Ok thanks, let me try that, I will update you how it goes. But just in case it may get to that, where do I get these scripts??? Is it like I download them separately or they come with a certain update?. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 05:21 PM   #6
morgan084
Registered
Namibia
Rep

I just tried choosing another chassis but I am still getting the exact same error. Where can I get the correct scripts? Is there no other software that works with a OBD2 usb cable that I can find on the internet and try? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 10:30 AM   #7
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morgan084 View Post
I just tried choosing another chassis but I am still getting the exact same error. Where can I get the correct scripts? Is there no other software that works with a OBD2 usb cable that I can find on the internet and try? Thanks.
You have to find them from someone else's setup.

Or compile them yourself. If you look in the Doku folder in INPA, there should be a PDF that explains hows to write and compile scripts.
Appreciate 0