E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > READ: Limp mode and other issues e92 335i

07-13-2019, 11:06 PM   #1
JoshApple
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i coupe

READ: Limp mode and other issues e92 335i

I’m new here but I really need some answers about what’s going on with my e92 335i.

It has 99500 miles and I have attached a photo with maintenances/mods that has been done

I’m getting limp mode under hard acceleration but only sometimes? It goes away after restart and Seems like it kicks in if I push RPMs to about 5-6k sometimes less. If I drive normally it’s just fine but when I get on it it seems like I don’t get boost until about 3500Rpms. I have some ideas on what it could be but it seems to be really bipolar. I got it scanned 3 different times and got all sorts of different codes, initially I got 29F3 fuel pressure sensor, 30FF (or 12543 exhaust turbocharger low pressure), and 2F9E termic oil level sensor. After that I headed to autozone and my car ended up getting really shaky on the way there with limp mode and they scanned and I got cylinder 6 injector (or injector sensor I forgot to ask for the code). My initial concern is it’s the injectors because they are still stock and they are known to go bad and I have a smell of gas/exhaust when cars running or parked. However I have a few other concerns to go with that. I checked all tubing and vacuum lines and all seems to be okay but I do have waste-gate rattle so that’s another thing. The fuel pressure sensor is another plausible cause but I don’t know how to tell if that’s bad or which one it is (HP,LP, etc). I don’t want to replace injectors if that’s not the true cause of my issues and I want to pinpoint my issues before I start buying parts. Also one of my boots solenoid housing things is shaking and vibrating a lot while the other one towards the back of the engine is perfectly still when running. Any insight would be appreciated. Any ideas on what to check or what to look at would be nice.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0