E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > N54 Swapped E91 Data Log Help!

12-12-2019, 05:22 PM   #1
Timothi2
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Touring

N54 Swapped E91 Data Log Help!

Finished up my 6mt n54 swap into an LCI wagon a little while ago and of course, I couldn't resist dropping in some bolt-ons and giving it a tune! Finally got around to buying the mhd monitor module and getting some logs to see how the engine is running. That being said, this is my first time doing any sort of logging and most of the stuff I don't understand. I found a doc that was really helpful (I'll post the link below if anyone's curious), and I understand what's happening but I don't necessarily understand why. If some of the tuners on this page could help me out and catch any issues they see that would be awesome!

Now, for some reason my bank 1 AFR is much richer than my bank 2 AFR. It's interesting because when you take a look at the STFT's, they're higher for bank 1 as well. So the engine thinks my bank 1 is running lean, dumping more fuel into it, resulting in a delta of about 1 AFR between the two banks. Any ideas on what this could be?

Also I'm getting a wgdc of about 71% on both banks of turbos, though the base value never gets above 50%. Might be indicative of a boost leak? Or the turbo's might be going out, not sure on this one.

Everything else looks pretty solid to me, both HPFP and LPFP seem alright. Little more concerned about the LPFP, but I'll be upgrading that soon anyways as I'll be tuning for an e50 mix. Had -3 degree timing corrections one or two times across a few logs, only in one cylinder each time and it was a different cylinder between logs so I'm not too worried there.

Here's the link to my datazap log: https://datazap.me/u/timothi2/way-ho...og=0&data=3-23
Link to datalog interpreting doc: https://www.docdroid.net/IyQ24N5/int...d-datalogs.pdf

Tell me what's broken!

Pic of my car in case anyone's curious haha
Attached Images

Current: 2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 2012 335i Touring

Last edited by Timothi2; 12-12-2019 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: forgot to include link
Appreciate 0