E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > HELP!

06-01-2020, 10:15 PM   #1
335DRey
Rep
Drives: 335D

HELP!

Before I start id like to say all help is appreciated, I know its hard to diag with out physically seeing and i don't want to keep just throwing away money with out getting results, specially since ive been temporarily unemployed for the last 3 months because of covid. Also I don't believe my issues are engine & powertrain related which is why I posted in the general thread.. I am having crazy electrical issues with my Tuned E90 335D LCI. i am out over $800 and have seen 2 different mechanics and still no solution, which is why i now turned to the forums.

Back Story : Was on a road trip and out of nowhere a chunk of my drivers side wheel well flies off. 200 miles later i get a "TPMS Malfunction" ; kept driving no issues what so ever other than the tpms. Foolish enough i did a pull and out of nowhere i get into limp mode and a Christmas tree on the dash. noticed my boost pipe fully disconnected on both sides and the wires that go to the front left tpms sensor and front left fog light destroyed. limped it to the mechanic , had him reattach the boost pipe and temporarily reconnect the cables, lasted about 6 hours trying to diag with no results. limped it to another mechanic, lasted a few hours trying to diag with no results. Luckily this one ended up being free, BUT after going through his hands the car no longer shifts into gear with out pressing the release. He also said that when he connected his computer it shows the car is reading only 10 computers out of the 40+ it has and that he thinks its the dme fried. MY ASSUMPTION is that the bare cables rubbed and maybe fried the tpms module or a fuse, not sure if either mechanic checked.

Symptoms :
1) MPH/RPM/Tank/Trip all read zero.
2) CEL/ABS/DTC/TPMS/Brake/AirBag/SeatBelt ALL Lit up
3) Electronic Locking/key fob Doesn't work, Only Manual Locking
4) Trunk release & lights/Reverse lights don't work
5) Windshield wipers wont stop
6) Limp Mode
8) Very harsh shifting into gear using the release after mechanic touched it
9) Unable to read codes with a scanner, says "unable to communicate with vehicle"
10) Bunch of faults on idrive
11) Mechanic claims car isn't reading all computers

ANY AND ALL ADVICE IS APPRECIATED,Thank you!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0