E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Exhaust option

04-15-2024, 06:42 PM   #1
EmanAkbarpour
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i Coupe

Exhaust option

Has anyone done a muffler delete and a vibrant ultraquiet resonator on their n52 328i?

Looking for a nice tone with some volume. Not sure if I want to delete my cats yet.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2024, 08:30 PM   #2
Raimund
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanAkbarpour View Post
Has anyone done a muffler delete and a vibrant ultraquiet resonator on their n52 328i?

Looking for a nice tone with some volume. Not sure if I want to delete my cats yet.
Try 135i muffler with or without resonator delete. Sounds like PE. If you search on youtube "135 muffler on 128i" theres a clip.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2024, 07:22 AM   #3
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

or even 330 muffler has a valve. direct fit. Source a vacuum pump.

I saw them time to times on market, around 50-100$. I dont know how they sound, but I was tempted to try.

I simply use those generic valved muffler with pneumatic actuator. Wanted a 3''.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:24 AM   #4
beingwalker1
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

N52 328i

Absolutely, a muffler delete combined with a vibrant ultraquiet resonator can indeed give your N52 328i a satisfying tone without sacrificing too much volume. This setup is popular among enthusiasts who want to enhance the exhaust note without going too extreme.

The muffler delete will amplify the engine's natural sound, providing a deeper and more aggressive tone, while the vibrant ultraquiet resonator will help in reducing any unwanted drone or raspiness, ensuring a smooth and refined exhaust note.

Regarding the catalytic converters, it's wise to proceed with caution. Deleting them can potentially improve flow and increase volume further, but it may also lead to legality issues depending on your local emissions regulations. Additionally, removing catalytic converters can have adverse effects on the environment.

If you're uncertain about deleting the cats, you can start with the muffler delete and resonator setup first to gauge the sound and see if it meets your preferences. It's always a good idea to consult with experienced enthusiasts or professionals to ensure the modifications align with your goals and local regulations.

Overall, the combination of a muffler delete and vibrant ultraquiet resonator should provide a nice balance of tone and volume for your N52 328i, giving you an enhanced driving experience without going overboard.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #5
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

it gives a sweet L6 sound.

vibrant race resonator , 18'' .
Even if its not the quiet one, it quiet down quite a bit.

Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 11:58 PM   #6
gaze2
Rep
Drives: E91 325i 6MT 2005 EU-spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by beingwalker1 View Post
Absolutely, a muffler delete combined with a vibrant ultraquiet resonator can indeed give your N52 328i a satisfying tone without sacrificing too much volume. This setup is popular among enthusiasts who want to enhance the exhaust note without going too extreme.

The muffler delete will amplify the engine's natural sound, providing a deeper and more aggressive tone, while the vibrant ultraquiet resonator will help in reducing any unwanted drone or raspiness, ensuring a smooth and refined exhaust note.

Regarding the catalytic converters, it's wise to proceed with caution. Deleting them can potentially improve flow and increase volume further, but it may also lead to legality issues depending on your local emissions regulations. Additionally, removing catalytic converters can have adverse effects on the environment.

If you're uncertain about deleting the cats, you can start with the muffler delete and resonator setup first to gauge the sound and see if it meets your preferences. It's always a good idea to consult with experienced enthusiasts or professionals to ensure the modifications align with your goals and local regulations.

Overall, the combination of a muffler delete and vibrant ultraquiet resonator should provide a nice balance of tone and volume for your N52 328i, giving you an enhanced driving experience without going overboard.

Thank you, ChatGPT
Appreciate 1
oVeRdOsE.2701.00
      Today, 08:40 AM   #7
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaze2 View Post
Thank you, ChatGPT
ahaha , didnt noticed.