E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > 2006 BMW rear passenger window won't budge or make any noise

12-19-2019, 01:33 PM   #1
daniel99
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325xi

2006 BMW rear passenger window won't budge or make any noise

Hi, my rear passenger window recently opened up all the way and now it won't come back up. It won't even make a noise. I figured the motor and the regulator were broken so I ordered new parts but after I installed everything my window still won't do anything. I thought maybe I got unlucky and my new part is also defective but I took my left door apart (my working one) and plugged my old motor in and it was working. So I came to the conclusion that the problem is not my motor but I'm not sure what the problem could be. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2019, 01:34 PM   #2
KiX1911
Blah
Canada
Rep
Drives: Awesomeness

I have experienced this on 3 E90's, if you want to get your window back up, click the down up button on that window a bunch of times (down then up then down then up)...might take you a min or two for it to go up, but it should. This method has worked on the last 3 E90's (Including my own still, where if I put my D/S window all the way down, it wont go up, I'm just too lazy to fix it since I never let it go all the way down...and if I do let it go down, the up down thing usually works).

It's usually never the motor, and I honestly wouldn't replace it if you don't have to because they are pretty tough compared to aftermarket. The job to replace it is around 30 mins, majority is taking the panel off and ripping back the plastic shield. There was a good how to on the forum.

B
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2020, 01:07 PM   #3
keyvan
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerx View Post
I have experienced this on 3 E90's, if you want to get your window back up, click the down up button on that window a bunch of times (down then up then down then up)...might take you a min or two for it to go up, but it should. This method has worked on the last 3 E90's (Including my own still, where if I put my D/S window all the way down, it wont go up, I'm just too lazy to fix it since I never let it go all the way down...and if I do let it go down, the up down thing usually works).

It's usually never the motor, and I honestly wouldn't replace it if you don't have to because they are pretty tough compared to aftermarket. The job to replace it is around 30 mins, majority is taking the panel off and ripping back the plastic shield. There was a good how to on the forum.

B
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killerx View Post

B
Same thing worked on my 2006 E90. Just hitting down-up until it went up.

Good to know it's not the motor as I was thinking maybe it was seizing and I should replace it.

I'd be interested in a fix if anyone knows.
Appreciate 0