E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help with EPS Technic Harness

07-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #1
Lazardm3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 Interlagos Blue M3

Help with EPS Technic Harness

Hey guys.

I got the Technic harness but need help understanding what the wires and connections are and hoping someone can help confirm my thoughts. There were no instructions or diagram of what the plugs are for.

I think it goes like this...

1. Plug into Lc2i (high level inputs)
2. Plug in to pt 6 in harness
3. & 4. - I assume this can be used to connect to an amp if I want to separately amplify the underseat woofers. I am guessing I unplug 5, and put 3 into that plug. 4. goes to amp speaker output (of aftermarket amp)
5. If just adding sub in trunk I leave this alone?
6. Accepts connection 2

Sorry guys if this is covered somewhere. I've spent hours searching through 10 year old posts. I haven't come across anything with specific instructions on this or pics of the harness itself.

I think I understand it but just wanted to confirm with members who've already done this. Sorry it's probably child's play to most, but I'm not very confident with wiring/electrical and would appreciate the help.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 03:24 PM   #2
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazardm3 View Post
Hey guys.

I got the Technic harness but need help understanding what the wires and connections are and hoping someone can help confirm my thoughts. There were no instructions or diagram of what the plugs are for.

I think it goes like this...

1. Plug into Lc2i (high level inputs)
2. Plug in to pt 6 in harness
3. & 4. - I assume this can be used to connect to an amp if I want to separately amplify the underseat woofers. I am guessing I unplug 5, and put 3 into that plug. 4. goes to amp speaker output (of aftermarket amp)
5. If just adding sub in trunk I leave this alone?
6. Accepts connection 2

Sorry guys if this is covered somewhere. I've spent hours searching through 10 year old posts. I haven't come across anything with specific instructions on this or pics of the harness itself.

I think I understand it but just wanted to confirm with members who've already done this. Sorry it's probably child's play to most, but I'm not very confident with wiring/electrical and would appreciate the help.

Thanks
What's your setup? It'll help to know your current vs objective.

If you have bought the harness from TenchnicPnP you can actually email then and they will give you a basic wiring diagram. They don't seem to check very frequently but they do respond. Just reference your order number.

That said, I'm a bit surprised since my Technic 676 full harness had all the wires individually labeled on the wire casing itself. Probably one of the best labeling setups I've seen.

But I believe this harness is for the Logic7/HK to source the power to an aftermarket amp.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #3
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

http://www.e90post.com/forums/attach...1&d=1209780605

https://www.bmwgm5.com/Logic7_E90_91_92_93.htm

Should be easy enough to deduce from the color codes and pin out
diagrams.

http://www.google.fr/url?sa=t&rct=j&...slMu2A&cad=rjt

https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/

pinout should be the same as logic 7 they just as some coax's to get
the speaker count up to 16.

Last edited by ctuna; 07-15-2018 at 04:34 PM..
Appreciate 0