E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > WBP swirl flap plugs question

06-13-2021, 06:24 PM   #1
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335d

WBP swirl flap plugs question

I bought the swirl flap plugs from wbp (whitebreadperformance) and i got the intake manifold gaskets with it. Well it appears theres the two sets of 6 gaskets and the one big one for the throttle valve and lastly there should be 6 for the plugs. Well it appears the plugs came with brown o-rings already installed on them and they also included 6 more round black o-rings which, unless im retarded here, are for the plugs. Why is there two sets.. Anyone have a clue? and if they are for the same thing, which one is better? the black ones are definitely a little thicker.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2021, 10:26 PM   #2
335dlci
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearitself165 View Post
I bought the swirl flap plugs from wbp (whitebreadperformance) and i got the intake manifold gaskets with it. Well it appears theres the two sets of 6 gaskets and the one big one for the throttle valve and lastly there should be 6 for the plugs. Well it appears the plugs came with brown o-rings already installed on them and they also included 6 more round black o-rings which, unless im retarded here, are for the plugs. Why is there two sets.. Anyone have a clue? and if they are for the same thing, which one is better? the black ones are definitely a little thicker.
Red one leaks. Throw away. He included an better size.
Appreciate 1
robnitro160.00
      06-14-2021, 07:03 PM   #3
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dlci View Post
Red one leaks. Throw away. He included an better size.
when u say red do you mean the brownish reddish o-ring ones on the swirl flap plugs or the orangish reddish gasket ones that are on the intake manifold runners?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 11:50 PM   #4
Owen81
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335d, 17/22 TDI

The ones that fit better are superior for sealing, I assume it is the black ones in this case? Yes he is speaking of the brownish ones for the plugs that are made of FKM.
27mm x 3.5mm are the ones you want, they are tight to push in but won't leak.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 06:44 AM   #5
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep

Ya lol I figured that's what you meant. Yesterday I took the Intake manifold off again ad replaced the brownish ones with the thicker black o rings. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 02:02 PM   #6
deeprecon1
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D

Your question just saved me a couple hours, I have the kit sitting waiting for some cooler temps for install.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fearitself165 View Post
Ya lol I figured that's what you meant. Yesterday I took the Intake manifold off again ad replaced the brownish ones with the thicker black o rings. Thank you
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2021, 04:13 AM   #7
fearitself165
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeprecon1 View Post
Your question just saved me a couple hours, I have the kit sitting waiting for some cooler temps for install.
well thats good I can save u some time! I'm currently on day 3 (4? Granted just several hours for the first two days and maybe an hour on the 3rd..) Of trying to remove rhe DPF so pray 🙏 for me that ill get it in the morning. And yes I wish I could wait for cooler temperatures but I kept making progress until I had the two nuts stuck that connect the DPF to the SCR, as well as the top inner 13mm DPF bracket bolt. Anyway im gonna improvise any way I can get this out after that last bolt!
Appreciate 0