E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ESS Claims Headers Will Destroy N52 Engine

06-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #23
TemjinX2
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyeah View Post
The LS is definitely the more practical option. No comparison there. I like the idea of the RB26 because it stays in the Nissan/Datsun family and its just a really sexy motor that I've always wanted.
yeah i understand. originally when i was looking at different engine swaps....i looked at a lot of different motors but its really hard to beat the LS's power, reliability to cost ratio.

i can see why you want to keep it nissan.
Appreciate 1
Indyeah141.00
      06-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #24
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemjinX2 View Post
i disagree on superchargers being more reliable then turbo chargers. There plenty of evo's with over 100k on original turbo chargers.

I've had both turbo charged and supercharged cars.

There pros and cons to both, it really depends on the manufacturer in how long they want to design there parts to last. theres a cost to value ratio that every manufacturer chooses.

In terms of plateform you want to use, thats up to your personal choice. Mine was my personal opinion.
turbo charger vs supercharger has been beaten to death and it comes down to preference . However for the 328 n52 application they are easier to install , maintain and they have been pretty reliable so far. On the other hand turbocharging a N52 is a painfull and expensive process ( where the AC unit has to be removed). So I guess I should ve specify that for N52 specifically SC is the way to go for a regular joe.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 03:14 PM   #25
Big Mexican Women
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
turbo charger vs supercharger has been beaten to death and it comes down to preference . However for the 328 n52 application they are easier to install , maintain and they have been pretty reliable so far. On the other hand turbocharging a N52 is a painfull and expensive process ( where the AC unit has to be removed). So I guess I should ve specify that for N52 specifically SC is the way to go for a regular joe.
what's the point of turbocharging the N52? may as well just go for a 335i and modify that if you want turbo.

If you're gonna do any sort of FI on the N52, it may as well be a supercharger so you can get that more linear "NA" feel and steady pull all the way to redline.

Appreciate 0