E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Goodbye 335 ='(

Closed Thread

05-02-2013, 10:18 PM   #89
Titanium3er
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i, '03 Kawa Z1000

Garage List
There is some good general info on the Wikipedia page here:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Event_data_recorder

I'm not sure which Bimmers have them and which don't. I do know that historically they have been more common on American autos, but will eventually become universal due to federal pressure on automakers.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 10:26 PM   #90
Hybrid For Life
Banned
Germany
Rep
Drives: Out of Spec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clammy View Post
Assuming the facts are that she turned illegally in front of the OP, thus causing the accident:

That's irrelevant. She died as a result of her own actions. As a motorcyclist who has lost too many friends to, and who has almost been taken out numerous times by, oblivious car drivers failing to yield, I have zero sympathy for this woman. Frankly, it's better that SHE died as a result of her negligence than an innocent victim, such as the OP or a bystander. This was a completely avoidable accident.

Call me cold-hearted if you want, but that's how I feel.

If the facts are something else, I will revise my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #91
Clammy
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupes View Post
Your cold hearted. They're called "accidents" for a reason. No one should need to die for a mistake. You make it sound like that's the only way to punish someone for making a driving error.

As I said before. This person was someone's mom, grandmother, friend, etc. and a loss of life should always be considered tragic, not justified.
Tell that to the wives and kids of my friends who have died as a result of exactly what this woman did. Sorry, but I have ZERO sympathy for a negligent driver who causes a fatal wreck. She didn't "make a driving error", she was negligent, and paid for that negligence with her life. Better her than an innocent bystander. I do have sympathy for her friends and family, but NONE for her.

Again, assuming the facts are as stated.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread