E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > E90 with patched CIC - map code incorrect - Dr. gini tutorial

08-16-2023, 02:48 PM   #1
tbogdane
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 320xDrive

Exclamation E90 with patched CIC - map code incorrect - Dr. gini tutorial

I really need your help guys ASAP, my car is an E91 from 2011 with CIC Professional navigation, from the factory.
I had my CIC nav in bootloop, and sent it for repair. When the service sent it back, the navigation option was greyed out and cannot be accessed. I patched mine with CIC Patcher, I've tried to add VIN to HU with Tool32 but it gives error 19(if I remember correctly) in cmediar(c_fg_schreiben and c_fg_auftag), but it CICR didn't show any error.
Then with FSToolV2 I've added the new certificates. FSC Tools is saying that 1B, 17, 19 certificates are correct, also it show's HU has my car VIN.
The problem is here, before it break, the maps were Premium East Europe 2020-1. I've generated lifetime/normal code for this maps, and none of them worked. I than downloaded 2023-2 maps, insert the usb in glovebox, also asked me for activation code, generated lifetime/normal codes for this version, also didn't worked. Also, I tried to create codes with Dr. Gini, but it gaves the same codes as with fsc generator. I've heared that Dr. gini can insert those fsc's direct into the HU and make the maps work, is this true? If yes, how can i do it, i find no tutorials out there... Or, what other option do i have? Last 7 VIN characters are: A761980
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2023, 05:25 PM   #2
F30__Blue
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

I'd request fsc repair pack instead since you had that nav from factory, not sure why you tried patcher instead, that's for retrofitting nav in cars that didn't have that nav type (or any) from factory, would still work but definitely better with your own files so back to OEM state.

I attached a guide for loading patched FSCs but I'm sure you can work it out for loading files from your repair pack, skip the bit about changing for 'SIG.der', that doesn't exist in repair pack and not needed. Skip the first page about patching the nav as well obviously, no need to patch at all. Best to virginise it first and start again as not sure what state you're now in, maybe firmware on the nav is too old for patcher to work and that's why you have issues or maybe you did something wrong, who knows but should be a lot smoother with your own files from fsc repair pack.

When everything is working again can use below code to load latest 2024 map and all done.
V7MLRWFYDBNN4ABIABZA
Attached Images
File Type: pdf cic_fsc_Ex_en.pdf (1.06 MB, 156 views)