E90Post

ECS BMW

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > MHD N55 E-Series - general discussion

11-16-2018, 09:57 AM   #6777
StormtrooperN55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
Double check the t bolt clamp for the pipe coming up to the chargepipe from the intercooler. Make sure it's tight but if you put it on too tight it will oval out the incoming pipe and cause a boost leak.
For sure thanks for the quick response!
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2018, 11:14 AM   #6778
braddman
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E93 335i Cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
In my opinion, just change the spark plugs to ngk 95770 and gap them to .022, coil packs can stay stock unless you're seeing a timing correction on a specific cylinder. And when you flash also get the monitor module. Well worth the money
This literally started after MHD and my new intercooler. Put the car in M mode and it starts jumping up and down in idle like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2018, 08:52 PM   #6779
WeekendWarriorz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Finally ditched my JB4+BEF stack setup and back to running MHD OTS e30 momentarily until I get a custom flash only tune. MHD is 1000000x smoother, and runs more consistently.
Appreciate 3
      11-16-2018, 09:47 PM   #6780
Kevin39
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 N55

I switched for the same reason. The driveability with a manual trans was particularly bad. You'd have thought it was my first time driving a stick
      11-17-2018, 02:41 AM   #6781
dpark
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormtrooperN55 View Post
As far as boost go it seems like I'm not hitting target. But idk I'm still trying to learn for to read logs lol. Is there a reason why I wouldn't hit target?
1-2 psi off target isn't anything to worry about. It's also normal for it to taper off in the higher rpm range.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #6782
WeekendWarriorz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N55 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin39 View Post
I switched for the same reason. The driveability with a manual trans was particularly bad. You'd have thought it was my first time driving a stick
I have a DCT car, JB4+DCT do not go well together, laggy up shifts and downshifts compared to flash only. JB4+BEF was a missile at WOT in a straight line every other driving scenario it's shit.
Appreciate 1
Kevin3996.00

11-17-2018, 01:27 PM   #6783
StormtrooperN55
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpark View Post
1-2 psi off target isn't anything to worry about. It's also normal for it to taper off in the higher rpm range.
For sure thanks!
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:54 AM   #6784
Keyless77
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i e88 2011,DCT,Wagner IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1337 View Post
Exhaust flap open in sport not working for anyone else? Put the car in sport and was able to poke the flap with a rod I had
posted same earlier too, when I log it says "status 0" regardless whether am in sport/normal mode (only during startup it says Status 1)

But when I don't use the MHD option, I can see it switching from status 1 to 0
"randomly" - logic behind seems complex , its not necessary always open at WOT.

question was also what "status 0" in log means open/closed?
maybe Justin , or someone else could chime in.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 07:19 AM   #6785
Keyless77
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i e88 2011,DCT,Wagner IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Tuning View Post
Looking for 5 OTS users to test a map for me. I'm not going to tell you what it is. It will be a current (the one you're currently using) v1.53 OTS map with some changes made hopefully for the good.

It seems to be positive on my DCT car. Reason am not telling you what the change is, is because I don't want you looking for the change, I want you to drive the car as you normally would and see if you feel a difference without falling to the "Placebo" effect.

Preferably early E cars right now. As I haven't defined the tables yet for the Late E. I will after/if I get good feedback from the 5 volunteers.

If you want to test, please email me with full vehicle VIN, OTS map variant you're using, and transmission type.

justin@twistedtuning.com

thanks.
For those testing Justin's "secret" map , have you noticed any improvements , I sent Justin my mail a week or two back ,
with my log, but no response as of yet.

here's the log anyway for those interested to see, its just a ca. 5 min drive with few WOTS , -few over boost and hence corrections here and there.

https://datazap.me/u/keyless69/justi...4-7-8-13-26-18

I feel something changed, in a positive way
- the way car is changing gears (DCT), is smoother.
- Idle is smoother (though was rough at first after resetting VANOS & load)
- car turns better, almost no lag.

I could be wrong ("Placebo") and the behaviour is not related to the map,
- as temperatures are currently getting to freezing point, the car becomes more responsive .
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:48 AM   #6786
flipmode
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyless77 View Post
For those testing Justin's "secret" map , have you noticed any improvements , I sent Justin my mail a week or two back ,

here's the log anyway for those interested to see, its just a ca. 5 min drive with few WOTS , -few over boost and hence corrections here and there.

- as temperatures are currently getting to freezing point, the car becomes more responsive .
After driving around for a few weeks on the 'secret' map, I too feel a change for the positive. Very smooth idle, the changing of the gears is very smooth(6AT) while daily driving, and the power is there instantly as I give it a bit of throttle.
      Today, 09:39 AM   #6787
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyless77 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipmode View Post
After driving around for a few weeks on the 'secret' map, I too feel a change for the positive. Very smooth idle, the changing of the gears is very smooth(6AT) while daily driving, and the power is there instantly as I give it a bit of throttle.
Alright, I was experiencing the same benefits that ya'll were for about a week or so of driving on the test map. Though, late last week I emailed Justin that I was getting some weird symptoms with it that were progressively getting worse the more I drove the car. At first the response was noticeably better, but over time I started to experience more and more lag along with hesitation (coupled with noticeable NVH when it happens) when boost finally comes on. I was also having really weird cold starts were the car would stumble for a bit at normal idle RPM, then slowly raise into the typical cold start sequence. Overall, everything just didn't feel very smooth. I flashed back to the normal 1.53 map and reset the load control and VANOS adaptations again and all of the negative symptoms I mentioned went away. That all being said, my logs seemed clean of corrections for the most part.

I'm not sure why I wasn't experiencing these earlier on...
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0