E90Post
 


Euromotive Performance
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Offical Vancouver Members Thread (#2)



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      09-07-2019, 09:55 AM   #749
tonig
New Member
Canada
2
Rep
29
Posts

Drives: N55
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Where do you guys go for walnut blasting in the GVA?

Am looking for reasonable pricing.. have seen a few threads here about someone on craigslist doing it for ~$400 but that was a few yrs ago.. thx in advance!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2020, 05:43 PM   #750
audizzy777
Audizzy
Canada
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: bmw 335i E90
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

looking for a shop in vancouver/lower mainland

Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and new bmw owner (but an old bmw) lol

I bought an '07 E90 335i a few months back and was told that there was no problem with the car (owned by a bmw mechanic) but he lied. Turbos are rattling. I even sent it to his dealership and came back negative.

How much would it cost to replace the turbos and which shop should I send it to. Which shop is not gonna charge me an arm and a leg? LOL

Any tips where i can buy parts and just pay for labour?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2020, 05:42 PM   #751
Silent11N54
Captain
Canada
380
Rep
767
Posts

Drives: 2007 E92 335i
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Vancouver, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by audizzy777 View Post
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum and new bmw owner (but an old bmw) lol

I bought an '07 E90 335i a few months back and was told that there was no problem with the car (owned by a bmw mechanic) but he lied. Turbos are rattling. I even sent it to his dealership and came back negative.

How much would it cost to replace the turbos and which shop should I send it to. Which shop is not gonna charge me an arm and a leg? LOL

Any tips where i can buy parts and just pay for labour?
There are ways to fix or minimize wastegate rattle, it depends on how bad is it. If you do want to replace turbos check fcpeuro.com since they will give you lifetime warranty on parts, send it to blaine or point roberts and save some money on shipping and duty. Every shop will charge you 20+ hours for the job ( 100+ per hour ) You are looking at $2000-2500 just for the labour.
__________________
2007 E92 335i / VRSF 7.5 Race FMIC-Charge Pipe-DCI-Inlets/ TurboSmart Plumb Back DV / XHP / E50 Custom Tune by WedgePerformance / APEX ARC8 / MT ET Street / 11.4 @ 120 / Instagram @silent11n54
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2020, 09:31 PM   #752
smak168
New Member
Canada
5
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i xdrive GC
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 604

iTrader: (0)

Hello,

Any recommendations where in the lower mainland to get wheels/tires and springs installed.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2020, 09:04 PM   #753
Canadiesel
Private
18
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335D, 1999 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak168 View Post
Hello,

Any recommendations where in the lower mainland to get wheels/tires and springs installed.

Thanks
Dales alignment in Surrey.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #754
smak168
New Member
Canada
5
Rep
22
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i xdrive GC
Join Date: May 2010
Location: 604

iTrader: (0)

Thanks for the recommendation...looked them up and the seem promising. Been getting some real outrageous quotes for springs and install lately.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2020, 10:24 PM   #755
Canadiesel
Private
18
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335D, 1999 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smak168 View Post
Thanks for the recommendation...looked them up and the seem promising. Been getting some real outrageous quotes for springs and install lately.
Actually it's in Langley not surrey. Dales Auto has been good to me in the past. I assume if you're installing lowering springs you will be getting an alignment as well. Dales is one of the best alignment shops in the lower mainland...

I have also used AutoTech Inc for alignments as well and have been very happy with them. They might also be able to help you out. Maybe compare quotes?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 12:00 AM   #756
marksv4
Registered
0
Rep
1
Posts

Drives: 2006 330i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Surrey, B.C.

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiesel View Post
Actually it's in Langley not surrey. Dales Auto has been good to me in the past. I assume if you're installing lowering springs you will be getting an alignment as well. Dales is one of the best alignment shops in the lower mainland...

I have also used AutoTech Inc for alignments as well and have been very happy with them. They might also be able to help you out. Maybe compare quotes?
Ya I would not go to Dales, first and last time there.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2020, 09:33 PM   #757
Canadiesel
Private
18
Rep
78
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 335D, 1999 BMW M3
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksv4 View Post
Ya I would not go to Dales, first and last time there.
I haven't been to Dale's in a few years but talking to other local groups it sounds like they have gone down hill from when they were the "go-to alignment shop".
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2020, 04:32 AM   #758
Slow335d
Registered
Slow335d's Avatar
Canada
3
Rep
4
Posts

Drives: Bmw 335d
Join Date: Apr 2020
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, I got a 2009 335d, without the sport package. I have installed a M3 steering wheel with LCI paddle shifters on my car and the paddle shifters don't work. Anyone has any idea what I need to do to get it to work? I heard I have to re solder all the paddle shifter wiring, is there any easier way of doing it or is that the only way?
Also if anyone is interested in seeing my 335d build, follow me on Instagram @slow335d
Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2020, 04:38 AM   #759
bobbytomorow
Greatest Internet Poster
bobbytomorow's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Vancouver

iTrader: (0)

Hi all...any recommendations for a good and affordable exhaust shop in the lower mainland?

I want to delete secondary cats + resonator and install a magnaflow muffler.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST