E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > 13' e92 TPMS Inactive

01-04-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
FreakySlax
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe w/ M Sport Pkg

Thumbs down 13' e92 TPMS Inactive

Hello all! Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

First of all, this isn't urgent at all, obviously I can check my tire pressure the old fashion way, nbd. So I have a pretty interesting case and I've tried to look into it but there isn't much to look for as far as the e92 LCIs go. So here's the issue: It snows here during winter and considering I'm RWD I switched to my winter tires before it got cold. TPMS was totally fine on my summer tires and on the new winter tires..... until it got cold . My dash gets a blinking TPMS light and I-Drive says that TPMS is "Inactive". I had a tire shop check the sensors in the tires themselves and they were A-Okay. I jacked the car up and unplugged-replugged the TPMS receiver located in the passenger rear wheel well for our model and that didnt work either. I saw a lot of people say it's the cold that causes it so I'm willing to wait until it gets warm again to confirm. Does anyone have any idea on what this could be? Besides the cold.

Thanks!
Brandon
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 02:35 PM   #2
robthewrench
Captain
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 335i

My best guess is that one of the sensors has a low battery and the cold is impacting the battery performance of the sensor. You said you had a shop check the sensors. Did they do this when it was cold?

I had one of the sensors on wheels for my 2011 go bad, while the others (which are all the same age) are still fine.