E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Convertible top is closed but car thinks it isn't. The warning dinging noise is drivi

08-05-2018, 10:10 AM   #1
Mizh
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport

Convertible top is closed but car thinks it isn't. The warning dinging noise is drivi

I have. 2010 e93 and I washed it to make sure there are no leaks with the convertible top. The problem is, the top is malfunctioning and won't open. It's locked in the closed position, but the "top not locked" keeps coming on my display and above 20mph it dings over and over like a seatbelt warning. It's driving me absolutely crazy. The switch to open and close my top flashes red over and over as well.

I've tried to just turn off the sound while I wait to fix the top but I haven't made any progress with just eliminating the warning dings either. I opened up my back cluster to see if I can muffle the sound from the speaker located back there but it sounds like the dings come from my door panel speakers too.

Also, I can't access my trunk because the car thinks the convertible top isn't closed. Help!!
      08-13-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizh View Post
I have. 2010 e93 and I washed it to make sure there are no leaks with the convertible top. The problem is, the top is malfunctioning and won't open. It's locked in the closed position, but the "top not locked" keeps coming on my display and above 20mph it dings over and over like a seatbelt warning. It's driving me absolutely crazy. The switch to open and close my top flashes red over and over as well.

I've tried to just turn off the sound while I wait to fix the top but I haven't made any progress with just eliminating the warning dings either. I opened up my back cluster to see if I can muffle the sound from the speaker located back there but it sounds like the dings come from my door panel speakers too.

Also, I can't access my trunk because the car thinks the convertible top isn't closed. Help!!
You might be able to reinitialize the top using INPA.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 03:37 PM   #3
roliam
Registered
Rep
Drives: e93 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
You might be able to reinitialize the top using INPA.
Hello, INPA has the wrong version of ecu, is not compatible, i have the same problem

Scuse my english, i'm french
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 03:32 PM   #4
Jamanred
Registered
Rep
Drives: 09 e93 N54

Quote:

Do you see any convertible top error codes?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #5
roliam
Registered
Rep

Hello

Yes, ctm is not the right version in inpa

I post tomorrow the exact text
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2019, 02:49 PM   #6
roliam
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamanred View Post
Do you see any convertible top error codes?
CTM_93_2 is needed, CTM_93_5 is found, software was end

This is the message, also delphi, wow and INPA of course
Attached Images

Last edited by roliam; 07-07-2019 at 02:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2020, 04:32 AM   #7
NRich77
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 325D E93

Quote:

Hi, did you manage to resolve this issue? I'm having similar symptoms.
Appreciate 0