Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > switch from staggered to squared

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

07-05-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
qchiapetp
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328i xDrive

switch from staggered to squared

I have a staggered tire/wheel setup on my 2009 328i xDrive. 225/40 R18 front and 255/35 R18 rear. I'm looking to go to a square configuration because I'm *tired* of having to replace my tires so frequently. What size and brand should I go with? I'm not much of a speed demon, so I just need something that's safe and reliable. We get quite a bit of rain here, and it snows in winter.

I'd ask the local mechanic, but they're so incompetent here that they rotated my larger rear tires to my front and now my car is a dangerous road hazard.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #2
cruizinmax
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 99 Civic, 09 335i

You can easily run the same size rear tire on the front. That's what I would recommend. I personally run 18x9 et30 squared with 255/35r18's all around. The tires I'm running are Yokohama advan a/s and they did pretty well this last winter here in Missouri. I've also ran the BFG gforce a/s on a different car and been very satisfied.
Appreciate 1