E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Sound imaging and time alignment

08-20-2019, 12:27 AM   #1
sfarisminhas
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 Saloon 2011

Sound imaging and time alignment

Guys, I'd be interested to see what sort of numbers you've got in for imaging and time alignment. I have the 80prs installed in mine and have ran the autoeq and autotime alignment which has given me the following numbers. I have ran this a few times and each time it gives me different results. So far, I'm pretty happy with the following:-

Front right = 193.75
Front left = 67.50
Rear right = 212.50
Rear left = 267.50
Sub R and L = 135.00

I may need to tweak it a little bit, but so far when I listen to it, it does sound as though the voice is coming from the front of the car just above my steering wheel, which is about where I want it. The front components are high passed at 125 and are set at 0db. The underseats are low passed at 80hz and are at -10db as they are running in 2ohm mono. I don't want them overpowering the fronts too much. The rears are at -6db and are just for fill. I might get rid of the rears completely and go fully active.
Appreciate 0