E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Front Lighting project

06-07-2016, 06:00 AM   #1
andvarievann
BimmerGuy
Japan
Rep
Drives: Black 2009 320i BMW (Japanese)

Garage List
Front Lighting project

Hey, so I am trying to get this project started with my Japanese spec 2009 320i m-sport. My goal is to update the look to as close as possible to the two picture I attached. Wanted some input and suggestions for what are some good options.

The one thing is that they can be constantly running. I have to be able to turn off the lights (the angle eyes and front bumper lights), while the car is still on. I can turn on the eyes now, not as bright and distinguishing as I want them to be, but I have to switch it to the headlamp control position.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #2
justalilbit
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E92

I'm not sure I understand your post correctly. You want your E90 (2006-2011) to look like an F30 (2012+)? With aftermarket bumper LEDs? If so, just buy an F30. The bodywork will never fit the older chassis. Your other options are aftermarket angel eyes with flat bottoms. See OSS Raptors for example. But they'll never look truly OEM.

You can turn on/off the always running "angel eyes" by turning on/off Daytime Running Lights with iDrive if you have it.

If the problem is you want them as Daytime Running Lights but you have a pre-LCI car, I believe you need to do a small rewire. It might be possible with coding but I'm not sure.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
Jozy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Singapore
Rep
Drives: R32 GTR

why not lol

06-08-2016, 01:11 PM   #4
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jozy View Post
why not lol

WTF! Lol thats a Frankenstein, but i kinda like it.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 11:57 PM   #5
andvarievann
BimmerGuy
Japan
Rep
Drives: Black 2009 320i BMW (Japanese)

Garage List
Quote:
why not lol

Wow, I really like what you did there. What I am trying to do is get as close as the modern angel eyes HID lights as I can, without modding the front bumper. I have search around and seen multiple headlights i could use, but I am looking for headlights with good recomendations. Aslo, seeing what kind of lights I can add to the front bumper as well. I hope this gives you a better picture.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 11:39 AM   #6
bimmerclad
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by andvarievann View Post
Wow, I really like what you did there. What I am trying to do is get as close as the modern angel eyes HID lights as I can, without modding the front bumper. I have search around and seen multiple headlights i could use, but I am looking for headlights with good recomendations. Aslo, seeing what kind of lights I can add to the front bumper as well. I hope this gives you a better picture.
Can you link some of the ones you said you have seen?
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2016, 11:46 AM   #7
max_330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
why not lol

Proof that if you have the money, you can make your car whatever the hell you want it to be.
      06-09-2016, 09:08 PM   #8
Jozy
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Singapore
Rep
Drives: R32 GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by andvarievann View Post
So basically you want bright LED angel eyes. Check out custom headlight projects like OSS ....

they will replace your angel eye rings so they're no longer lit by the H8 bulbs but throughout the whole ring by LEDs