E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Easy, effective, BMW tools install on Windows 10 64bit

03-09-2018, 03:48 PM   #45
alexdc12
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 BMW 318D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulfsurfer View Post
Hey, first post here; thx to bimmerlove335 for putting together this go-by install. It's sharing info like this that makes the BMW DIYer community so nice to be a part of.

I've got some experience with these tools. I mostly use INPA for reading error codes. My Romanian BMW Diag Tools stopped working (old XP laptop) and a new install yesterday of Mike's Easy BMW Tools wouldn't work either (on a newer Win 7 64 bit laptop). So I ordered a new K+DCAN cable thinking that it might be the common problem; I'm waiting for it to be delivered.

In the meantime, I thought I would try the BimmerGeeks BMW Tools. My question: the step above says to "remove several folders completely. Delete the EDIABAS, EC-APPS, and NCEXPER folders from your hard drive." I'm just wondering. where would these folders come from if I'm doing a clean install? Is this assuming I had software tools previously installed ?

Thx in Advance!
When u install standard tools it creates them. You. Need to delete them and replace with the configured folders in the zip file
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2018, 12:21 AM   #46
codinge90
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Is there a fix to the German Language for Engine section? I have a 2010 BMW M3. If I go to e90 > functional jobs, everything is in English. If I go to e90 > engine > s65, everything is in German. Is there a fix for this?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 01:17 PM   #47
Politozerpa
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Will this work for Windows 8.1?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 02:38 PM   #48
alexdc12
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2007 E91 BMW 318D

Yes. I have used it with Windows 10 and belive it works with 8.1
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2018, 05:34 PM   #49
Politozerpa
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Thanks will be trying it out
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 06:29 PM   #50
Call831
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Problems with the installation.

I bought my cable from beemergeeks and downloaded the Standard Tools 2.50.

I have a new Win10 laptop running Norton Security Suite. while unpacking the software Norton Blocked the following files:
FindECU.exe (Trojan.Gen.8!cloud)
Dr Gini.exe (Trojan.Gen.Asprox.B)

Any advise?

Also, this installation thread mentions multiple .rar files to unpack and I went through all the folders and found none. Is it possible my initial download was incomplete or compromised?

file size of download is 106MB.

Thanks in advance

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2018, 05:13 PM   #51
shaginwagon13
Chartered Accountant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Coupe

Hey guys,

Got this error when typing the second line of code into DOS:

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 01:08 AM   #52
CMOSUK
Rep
Drives: E90 EFFICIENT DYNAMICS

Can a link be provided for BimmerGeeks version please?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 01:30 PM   #53
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
Hey guys,

Got this error when typing the second line of code into DOS:

Any ideas on how to fix it?
Run command prompt as administrator.
      03-27-2018, 01:31 PM   #54
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMOSUK View Post
Can a link be provided for BimmerGeeks version please?
bimmergeeks.net downloads section
      04-05-2018, 12:55 AM   #55
Bmw2007
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 coupe 328i

Amplifier

I am in the process of replacing the amplifier on my X5(E70). I am told that I need to code the new amp with my cars VIN. After connecting a refurbished amp, I am trying to access the options on the amplifier. I am going via Communications System -> Amplifier/TopHiFi option. Unfortunately when I do that, after a few seconds I get the following message:

Group file : D_AMP.
IFH_0009: NO RESPONSE FROM THE CONTROL UNIT.

To verify if there is something wrong that I am doing, I connected INPA and tried to connect to the amplifier on my E90, but I get the same message. The amplifier on my E90 works. So there may be some other issue here.

For background, I am able to access most other options in INPA.

Any help will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2018, 09:31 AM   #56
davejack
Rep
Drives: F22

a related content of BMW INPA source and some coding cases on this website:
http://www.car-auto-repair.com/bmw-i...free-download/
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 08:44 AM   #57
CeeWhizzle
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Just tried this last night. Got further than most INPA installs/kits, but I keep getting errors when in the injector coding page. I tried coding the injectors, but now I get the 30BF code in my 335i and it runs horrible lol

Errors are that SystemDataTransmission one and the status_imaalle on my 09 335i with the MSD81.

EDIT: Got it fixed. Small setting for the cable.

Last edited by CeeWhizzle; 05-17-2018 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2018, 08:59 PM   #58
rkreimer10
Rep
Drives: e46

I am having issues reading my dsc in inpa.

Bimmergeeks cable with their standard tools and rheingold.

08 535i

I may try to uninstall and reinstall bmw standard tools. Tonight.

I just did a 6mt swap and am having cruise control and start off assistance errors. I thinknif i could clear the adaptations in inpa these issues will clear up.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2018, 12:48 PM   #59
tag1260
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Can this install be made to work with a MINI R56 ? I know that I will need to update the datens but otherwise will it work?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 12:46 AM   #60
tmarino
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 328i

I believe I successfully installed the Bimmer Geeks INPA Win10 version last night and once I hooked it up I was able to read the error codes I was looking for. I pulled some other useful information but I am unable to decipher the data.
Can someone help me interrupt the data? Are there any basic instructions for using the BG INPA software? I’m only looking to do the basics and nothing fancy.
Thanks Guys,
A Newbie to coding.....
Tom in NV
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2018, 02:18 PM   #61
DiskoSleaZe
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 2013 F10 M5

Thanks for the DIY on the ST install! Got 2 black dots, so I think it's up and running. But it's all in German, any update on that? My German is too rusty to interpret this dam software. I'm just trying to tickle my ABS module... Got air in there I believe after changing rotors, pads, calipers.

Please HALP!
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2018, 06:58 PM   #62
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Ok, so about 6 months ago I researched everything for how to code using BimmerGeeks standard tools 2.12 and was able to get a good handful of things coded and was on my merry way. Well now I need to code something out again and I reinstalled everything and CANNOT remember how to get the cable to work again. Yes it's the right cable, no it's not a cable with a switch to change modes.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. I installed the 64 bit drivers from EDIABAS and was successful, but when I plug in the cable, I'm still not getting cable detection or ignition detection in INPA. The only thing that's changed is that it's a new laptop and I think previously I was using a USB 2.0 port, but this new laptop only has USB 3.0 ports. Is this an issue?

Edit: Update/remove/clean-up below info

In Windows 10 you have to manually add the "Ports (COM & LPT)" device in device manager. I did so by going to the "Action" menu in device manager and selecting "Add legacy hardware". Ok done. Then under the Ports "tree" there is permanently a "Communications Port" device. I changed this one to COM4 in the properties menu. Then I plugged in my cable and it showed up as "KDCAN" USB device in device manager in its own "tree". I went into properties for this device and manually installed the 64 bit drivers from the EDIABAS hardware folder in the C drive. After this, my cable showed up as "USB to Serial converter" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" tree. Then a new type of USB device showed up in its own tree (can't remember the name) and I reinstalled the drivers again for this new device. After that, I finally had "USB Serial Port" show up in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" tree. Now I was finally able to go to properties and change the COM port to COM1 and set latency to 1. From what I remember last time I coded, this was all that was needed to set up the cable in Windows 10, but the cable is STILL not showing up. I have tried with the cable by itself and with the cable plugged up to the OBD port. Same result. No cable detected and no ignition detected.

See screenshot below for details. Does anyone have any advice?

Name:  inpa 2.png
Views: 4706
Size:  206.5 KB

Last edited by M3MPH1S; 12-05-2018 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #63
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3MPH1S View Post
Ok, so about 6 months ago I researched everything for how to code using BimmerGeeks standard tools 2.12 and was able to get a good handful of things coded and was on my merry way. Well now I need to code something out again and I reinstalled everything and CANNOT remember how to get the cable to work again. Yes it's the right cable, no it's not a cable with a switch to change modes.

I'm using Windows 10 64 bit. I installed the 64 bit drivers from EDIABAS and was successful, but when I plug in the cable, I'm still not getting cable detection or ignition detection in INPA. The only thing that's changed is that it's a new laptop and I think previously I was using a USB 2.0 port, but this new laptop only has USB 3.0 ports. Is this an issue?

In Windows 10 you have to manually add the "Ports (COM & LPT)" device in device manager. I did so by going to the "Action" menu in device manager and selecting "Add legacy hardware". Ok done. Then under the Ports "tree" there is permanently a "Communications Port" device. I changed this one to COM4 in the properties menu. Then I plugged in my cable and it showed up as "KDCAN" USB device in device manager in its own "tree". I went into properties for this device and manually installed the 64 bit drivers from the EDIABAS hardware folder in the C drive. After this, my cable showed up as "USB to Serial converter" in the "Universal Serial Bus controllers" tree. Then a new type of USB device showed up in its own tree (can't remember the name) and I reinstalled the drivers again for this new device. After that, I finally had "USB Serial Port" show up in the "Ports (COM & LPT)" tree. Now I was finally able to go to properties and change the COM port to COM1 and set latency to 1. From what I remember last time I coded, this was all that was needed to set up the cable in Windows 10, but the cable is STILL not showing up. I have tried with the cable by itself and with the cable plugged up to the OBD port. Same result. No cable detected and no ignition detected.

Attachment 1949204
Double check C:\EDIABAS\BIN\OBD.ini still shows COM Port = 1. Can also try another USB port on the laptop. Did you import the DATEN for your car? Even after doing all of that, there are some instances where the dots won't turn on. Still try and proceed as if everything is good and see what error you get.
Appreciate 1
M3MPH1S592.00
      12-05-2018, 08:38 AM   #64
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
Quote:

Attachment 1949204
Double check C:\EDIABAS\BIN\OBD.ini still shows COM Port = 1. Can also try another USB port on the laptop. Did you import the DATEN for your car? Even after doing all of that, there are some instances where the dots won't turn on. Still try and proceed as if everything is good and see what error you get.
I'll check the .ini file at lunch. I might have forgotten about the import step. I have the DATEN file on my PC. Was there somewhere I needed to import it to before opening INPA?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2018, 12:23 PM   #65
Joe@TopGearSolutions
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
I'll check the .ini file at lunch. I might have forgotten about the import step. I have the DATEN file on my PC. Was there somewhere I needed to import it to before opening INPA?
Typically you use the BMW Coding Tool to import the DATENs, and it will place the necessary files in their proper location.
Appreciate 1
M3MPH1S592.00
      12-05-2018, 01:25 PM   #66
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TopGearSolutions View Post
It doesn't actually have to be Com1. It just has to be set to the same port that your USB serial adapter is set to.
Appreciate 0