E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > E93 Owners- General issues chat

05-18-2020, 10:15 PM   #837
josehon
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 Apline White 328i E93 6MT

I find a detail video on how to open the top manually.

Appreciate 2
      05-20-2020, 07:21 PM   #838
OLI77
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 325i ZSP, E93 328i

^ great video. Thanks for sharing here. I like the idea of using a power tool 18V battery to do the job.

I bought and received a wind deflector for the E93. Can't wait to go for a ride and feel the even smoother smoothness of the car.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2020, 11:00 PM   #839
krayzee_bone
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

Anybody have any experience with buying/installing a rep CSL trunk? How was the fitment? Tight or did you have to play with it a lot and add washers? Will probably end up buying a dremel so that I can install an intercooler later this year. Any other tools I'll need? Thanks.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2020, 11:23 AM   #840
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzee_bone View Post
Anybody have any experience with buying/installing a rep CSL trunk? How was the fitment? Tight or did you have to play with it a lot and add washers? Will probably end up buying a dremel so that I can install an intercooler later this year. Any other tools I'll need? Thanks.
My car was used as the test fitter when Duke Dynamics made the csl trunk for e93s. It fit fine.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 08:19 PM   #841
Aurelianobsb
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i 2011

Hi Guys!

I'm trying to figure out how to open the BMW 128i 2011 convertible top "manually" because I have a problem with the hydraulic system (dealer diagnosis)!
I found in many places the instructions to how to do the BMW series 3, 5 and 6, this opening, but for my model 128i still nothing!
Does anyone have a instruction for me?
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2020, 08:23 PM   #842
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelianobsb View Post
Hi Guys!

I'm trying to figure out how to open the BMW 128i 2011 convertible top "manually" because I have a problem with the hydraulic system (dealer diagnosis)!
I found in many places the instructions to how to do the BMW series 3, 5 and 6, this opening, but for my model 128i still nothing!
Does anyone have a instruction for me?
You should post on the E83 forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2020, 12:40 AM   #843
Snail
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e93 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC View Post
Just an update. My top is currently stuck in this position.

Symptoms:

* Slow moving top
* Top may stop then start
* Top may get stuck while in operation

Mac.
Yikes! Sorry to revive this post from 6 years ago. I'm a new cabrio owner and just found this thread. Reading every post from the beginning is really helping me learn more about the cabrio. My e93 seems to have those symptoms described by E93MAC. When bringing the top down it will always stop the mechanism after the tri-fold roof is in the trunk leaving the trunk open in the vertical position. To bring the top down completely I have to lift off the switch and lift it back up again and that allows the trunk to come down and lock the mechanism in the top-down position.

Additionally the tri-fold top seems to just drop itself into the trunk with a little bit of a 'thunk' enough to where I can feelt it sitting in the car. The previous owner claims to have maintained the roof responsibly with lubricants every 3-4 months.

I'll try and record the top mechanism tomorrow on my iPhone and hopefully its not a big deal. I have a blue driver OBD2 scan tool and the only codes I'm getting are for the footwell module: A8C5 and A8C6 which are unfortunately linked the the daylight running LED lights on our tail lights (the non replaceable ones apparently). I'm wishfully thinking that BMW has codes for the hardtop and nothing is too terribly wrong. The image shows the tail lights that I'm looking to fix.

Thanks for starting this thread bimmette and being active in its hayday, it's really helping me learn more about the cabrio as I lurk.

--Snail
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
bimmette6453.50
      08-11-2020, 12:44 AM   #844
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snail View Post

Yikes! Sorry to revive this post from 6 years ago. I'm a new cabrio owner and just found this thread. Reading every post from the beginning is really helping me learn more about the cabrio. My e93 seems to have those symptoms described by E93MAC. When bringing the top down it will always stop the mechanism after the tri-fold roof is in the trunk leaving the trunk open in the vertical position. To bring the top down completely I have to lift off the switch and lift it back up again and that allows the trunk to come down and lock the mechanism in the top-down position.

Additionally the tri-fold top seems to just drop itself into the trunk with a little bit of a 'thunk' enough to where I can feelt it sitting in the car. The previous owner claims to have maintained the roof responsibly with lubricants every 3-4 months.

I'll try and record the top mechanism tomorrow on my iPhone and hopefully its not a big deal. I have a blue driver OBD2 scan tool and the only codes I'm getting are for the footwell module: A8C5 and A8C6 which are unfortunately linked the the daylight running LED lights on our tail lights (the non replaceable ones apparently). I'm wishfully thinking that BMW has codes for the hardtop and nothing is too terribly wrong. The image shows the tail lights that I'm looking to fix.

Thanks for starting this thread bimmette and being active in its hayday, it's really helping me learn more about the cabrio as I lurk.

--Snail
The "thunk" part is normal but I'm not sure what you mean about the first part.

Feel free to DM a video clip on Instagram if you can't upload it here.
Appreciate 1
Snail15.00
      08-11-2020, 01:11 AM   #845
Snail
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW e93 328i

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
The "thunk" part is normal but I'm not sure what you mean about the first part.

Feel free to DM a video clip on Instagram if you can't upload it here.
Hi Tara,

Thats awesome of you! I'll send it your way tomorrow when I have some daylight. Also, great YouTube videos! One of the first things I did to my car was follow your DIY hardtop maintenance guide. Knew about that before I knew about the forum.

When the top goes down the trunk is intermittently stuck in the position as shown in the imgur video below a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶s̶c̶r̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶T̶o̶p̶ ̶H̶y̶d̶r̶a̶u̶l̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶v̶i̶d̶e̶o̶. I have to release the switch responsible for the top down/up mechanism and then pull up again on the switch to finish the mechanism. I'll note that I do not have comfort access or the smart top module.

Imgur video link to the top hiccup:
View post on imgur.com

Thank you,

--Snail

Last edited by Snail; 08-22-2020 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: Video link added, attachment removed
Appreciate 0