E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Need suggestions for N52 tune

07-30-2020, 05:13 PM   #67
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: "NBO" 330i

Your point is you don't care what they actually sold you. My point is I do, because I'd feel ripped off. You have no idea at all what is actually inside your tune. 230whp is like 5hp more than a stock 330i, FYI.

I never said anything was fake - you're just making that up in an attempt to attack me.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 05:53 PM   #68
jivenene
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hassmaschine View Post
I never said it was fake.

But let's be real here. I have seen what was in the OTS AA tune, and you have not. They sold you a black box and you're happy with it. Fine, whatever - I don't like being blind and ignorant, personally.
Hey hassmaschine , I think I believe what you are saying in regards to the difference in tunes, but can you tell me specifically what the difference is, since you have seen inside both AA and Stagefp tunes. So what does Stagefp modify that AA does not? Please be as specific as you can, I'm totally interested and would like to learn more. thanks.

Last edited by jivenene; 07-30-2020 at 05:53 PM.. Reason: words
Appreciate 1
JingChai151.50
      07-30-2020, 06:22 PM   #69
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

I haven't looked at a StageFP tune but I have talked to Bob a lot in the past.

I can post what was in Pete's OTS (off the shelf) AA tune, but it wasn't much, I basically already posted it. I'll have to dig it up again.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 06:25 PM   #70
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Your point is you don't care what they actually sold you. My point is I do, because I'd feel ripped off. You have no idea at all what is actually inside your tune. 230whp is like 5hp more than a stock 330i, FYI.

I never said anything was fake - you're just making that up in an attempt to attack me.
so my AWD 328 makes 5 more hp than a stock RWD 330 , that must be good i guess ? or are you going to pretend that those are bad dyno # for AWD. Since you love to also praise RWD and dismiss AWD all the time.

If I didnt care what they sold me , why would I even bother to do a dyno run

BTW this was your reply last week to me

"Looking back, I've had the same argument with you for years. If you're happy being ignorant, and having a "black box" tune that doesn't do what it claims to - whatever. I'm not the one who got ripped off."

this was your reply this week

I never said it was fake.

But let's be real here. I have seen what was in the OTS AA tune, and you have not. They sold you a black box and you're happy with it. Fine, whatever - I don't like being blind and ignorant, personally.

so I m not the one calling out names or anything here, but somehow I m attacking you??.. Stop your crying and pretending that I m somehow targeting you . I express my opinion on the tune that I have . I could also back up my point showing you dyno runs and I dont need to call you ignorant . So if you feel offended , your problem
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 06:28 PM   #71
jivenene
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Quote:

I can post what was in Pete's OTS (off the shelf) AA tune, but it wasn't much, I basically already posted it. I'll have to dig it up again.
Oh I'm sorry, I thought BPC and Stagefp were used interchangeably because Bob was the one behind both.

Yeah if you could link to that other post with the AA tune, that would be cool. Satiate some of my curiosity lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 07:12 PM   #72
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick100 View Post
so I m not the one calling out names or anything here, but somehow I m attacking you??.. Stop your crying and pretending that I m somehow targeting you . I express my opinion on the tune that I have . I could also back up my point showing you dyno runs and I dont need to call you ignorant . So if you feel offended , your problem
I'm offended and crying? You keep saying I said there were fake dyno graphs or something, which I never said. Great, your car puts down 230whp. I'm glad you're happy.

I didn't call you ignorant, but I guess you took it that way since you apparently don't want to know what's inside your tune. Fine, most people don't - they just accept what they are given and don't question anything. I'd think you'd be more curious about something you probably paid around $900 for.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 08:51 PM   #73
desertman123
E82 Mudflap Ambassador
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 128i

Garage List
1992 Honda Beat  [9.50]
2008 BMW 128i  [10.00]
2014 BMW 528i  [10.00]
Just popping in to say my Bimmerlabs tune with headers, MILVS, 3IM and Euro-IAT/MAF-delete has been fantastic.

All it needs is cruise
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 09:46 PM   #74
rick100
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
I'm offended and crying? You keep saying I said there were fake dyno graphs or something, which I never said. Great, your car puts down 230whp. I'm glad you're happy.

I didn't call you ignorant, but I guess you took it that way since you apparently don't want to know what's inside your tune. Fine, most people don't - they just accept what they are given and don't question anything. I'd think you'd be more curious about something you probably paid around $900 for.

just show how ignorant you are... the tune is not even 900 $, I paid 450 canadian and 100 $ for a revised tune which is about 500 $ us ... and now 230whp is all of the sudden good when you try to make it sound like it was not much gain by saying a " stock " 330 can put that down. If you dont believe 230 whp is good for a AWD , or that my car doesnt go in limp mode with AA tune , perfect , I could really careless. Also, you dont feel offended but somehow you brought up the " you are trying to attack me" line little a little crying girl .
If you want to play dumb and stupid by saying "I didnt call you ignorant" , when you pretty much direct it that to me , fine , play stupid , you are good at it , I supposed. At least I m man enough to tell you straight to you .

my problem with you is that you act like you are some type of know it all douche bag ... and you and I know well people have told you that before.

I tell you straight how it is , I don't throw the rock and hide like you do .

I already told you we disagree on this . i can show you dynos to prove my point , you can show me your stuff to prove your point . End of the day , I believe real numbers but if you believe on your stuff fine , you are entitle to your opinion but you are too childish to even accept that we just disagree.

Grow up a little , be more humble , and maybe you can have a discussion without calling people ignorant for having a different opinion than you .

I wont even reply more on you on this AA vs BPC stuff. I already told you my opinion and how I back up my opinion .
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 10:14 PM   #75
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

lol. Ok, I'm just a "know it all". Yet, there's many, many hundreds of BMWs running a tune from my website - which btw, 99.9% were completely free. What exactly have you done for the community? I'll wait.

And yes - a 5whp difference makes me want to yawn. Whatever, you like it, fine? And $500, $900? So what - you paid hundreds of dollars, but they would never, ever tell you exactly what you were getting. That is exactly my point. I stick up for Bob because he was always transparent and helpful. AA threatened to sue me for pointing out they ripped off Pete.

Let me know when you disassemble the programs on 3 generations of BMWs. Then you can make accusations like that. I have a lot more going for me than just an opinion.

Last edited by hassmaschine; 07-30-2020 at 10:41 PM..
Appreciate 3
      07-30-2020, 10:34 PM   #76
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertman123 View Post
Just popping in to say my Bimmerlabs tune with headers, MILVS, 3IM and Euro-IAT/MAF-delete has been fantastic.

All it needs is cruise
It's coming. There were some clues that came up recently, I just need the time to look into it. Somehow I ended up working *more* hours a day despite working from home since the beginning of March..
Appreciate 1
      07-30-2020, 10:48 PM   #77
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jivenene View Post
Oh I'm sorry, I thought BPC and Stagefp were used interchangeably because Bob was the one behind both.

Yeah if you could link to that other post with the AA tune, that would be cool. Satiate some of my curiosity lol.
It kind of was, but Bob left BPC a couple years ago. They pretty much only do diesel stuff now. It's too bad, that turbo N52 they were working on was insane! They were really pushing the boundaries of the platform. But his work lives on with his new company, so basically it's the same thing - he was the one who did all of the tuning, AFAIK.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 08:14 AM   #78
W37V
[Oo=||=oO]
No_Country
Rep
Drives: e92n52 & f15n57

Quote:

Hass, I respect you tremendously, but you are spreading out information based on the very first tune AA put out. Since that tune, AA put out two other revisions of their OTS tune. As you may recall, I actually dyno 2nd revision AA tune and compared it against BPC. Both tunes yielded equal top power. BPC was much stronger in the bottom end.

Since my comparison dyno pull, AA came out with yet another tune which addressed low end torque to closely match BPC. I actually preferred how smooth AA tune was. However, at the time they did not support MILVS. My biggest issue now with my current BPC tune is that is not very linear. There are power surges across the RPM range. It drives me bonkers, thus my inquiry to you to do N54 manifold tune.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 10:50 AM   #79
hassmaschine
Major General
United_States
Rep

I actually said that in this thread. It was right after the whole debacle with Pete's tune - and some people were getting dyno tunes, that were very different from the OTS tune. Then the OTS tune started to be more comparable (because honestly, there's little reason a dyno tune and OTS tune have to be different on this engine). The fact remains, for a long time they sold people a tune that wasn't what they advertised it to be. Pete's tune wasn't even really that long ago - 2015 or 2016 (I'd have to find the emails). I'll stop posting about it until I actually can post the differences, because it's pointless anyway.

There's a guy working on a model for a spacer to use the N54 manifold (it doesn't really line up correctly as-is). It could be milled or 3D printed. I think the idea is to post the model and anyone can have one fabricated. For tuning the N54 manifold, mostly you just need to remove the errors for the missing DISA valves, and maybe clean up the fuel a little bit if it ends up off.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 08:16 PM   #80
jakepowers
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

I know this is an old thread, I have always viewed these forums and just became a member.

Long story short, the catalytic converters went out on my N52 motor with 255,000 miles on the cats throwing SES. Codes 29F4 and 29F5 were always present in ECM but recently have triggered the light.

Anyway, about to order some catless AA headers for my car, and I know there are some reputable tuners on this forum that can help with removing SES when going catless. Looking for some input there.

Also, I know this is the wrong thread to post on, but I have to make a certain amount of posts before I can DM and make my own posts, so go easy on me haha
Appreciate 0
      02-03-2023, 12:21 PM   #81
72GMC
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

I just ordered the AA headers and am also looking for a tune.
If you search the forum, you will find a lot of references to Stage FP as the "best" tune.
More recently, you'll also find some good references to 22rpd.
I'm currently leaning towards the 22rpd
Appreciate 1
      02-03-2023, 07:05 PM   #82
casdm9901
Rep
Drives: '06 325xi Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72GMC View Post
I just ordered the AA headers and am also looking for a tune.
If you search the forum, you will find a lot of references to Stage FP as the "best" tune.
More recently, you'll also find some good references to 22rpd.
I'm currently leaning towards the 22rpd

Thanks - hadn’t heard of 22rpd yet.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 10:54 AM   #83
silv_e90
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 328xi

22rpd is the way to go. They have dyno graphs of stock N52's making 285+whp with headers and the N54 intake manifold
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 11:18 AM   #84
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv_e90 View Post
22rpd is the way to go. They have dyno graphs of stock N52's making 285+whp with headers and the N54 intake manifold
Proof? I’d like to see that.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2023, 04:29 PM   #85
72GMC
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv_e90 View Post
Please share!

I chose to stick with the factory 3SIM + headers & MILVS, so I won't hope for numbers that high.
But it sure is nice to hear people endorsing these guys. Especially since I've already ordered their tune.

Maybe I'll look at some dyno time.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2023, 04:23 PM   #86
jakepowers
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i

Well, I ended up getting the AA headers with a tune provided from AA.

o2 sensor monitors and catalyst monitors are "Incomplete."

As others have mentioned, AA tunes for emissions readiness vary from vehicle to vehicle, and cannot guarantee they will always successfully set the monitors for readiness.

Is anyone aware of a tuner on here that can provide a workaround that AA doesn't seem to address?

Just trying to pass emissions as I have 4 weeks until it's due
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2023, 01:05 PM   #87
AmuroRay
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakepowers View Post

As others have mentioned, AA tunes for emissions readiness vary from vehicle to vehicle, and cannot guarantee they will always successfully set the monitors for readiness.

Is anyone aware of a tuner on here that can provide a workaround that AA doesn't seem to address?

Just trying to pass emissions as I have 4 weeks until it's due
No one is going to do that, as it's a federal offense.
      10-27-2023, 06:19 PM   #88
mattanderson
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakepowers View Post

Have you done the drive cycle to set the readiness monitors?
Appreciate 0