E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > "BMW Professional" the same as the L7 system?

11-04-2008, 09:47 PM   #1
dtm@heart
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg E90 Msport

"BMW Professional" the same as the L7 system?

Im looking at a used 2006 325i sport premium and the dealer doesn't know if the sound system is the L7. In the pictures, the head unit has bmw professional written on the top corner. Does this necessarily mean it is the L7? I have read that there are 3 types of bmw sound; basic, hifi, and top hifi (L7). I really want the L7 for the extra amp power, so this would be a big factor in buying the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to know the answer before I travel 300+ miles to go see the car.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2008, 06:37 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtm@heart View Post
Im looking at a used 2006 325i sport premium and the dealer doesn't know if the sound system is the L7. In the pictures, the head unit has bmw professional written on the top corner. Does this necessarily mean it is the L7? I have read that there are 3 types of bmw sound; basic, hifi, and top hifi (L7). I really want the L7 for the extra amp power, so this would be a big factor in buying the car. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to know the answer before I travel 300+ miles to go see the car.
All USA OEM HU are Professional... you will need to ask that dealer -assuming that it is an authorized BMW dealer- for a print out of the Vehicle Order (VO) of that car to know for a fact what options does it have.

Otherwise you will need to physically go and see that car and its options for yourself.
Appreciate 0