E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro-Kit vs B&G S2?

12-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #1
Tag
this is the way
Rep
Drives: N-1 starfighter

Question Eibach Pro-Kit vs B&G S2?

How much of a drop front/back will either of these springs give for a e92 with ZSP?

TIA
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 09:47 AM   #2
Tag
this is the way
Rep

Not even a vendor reply?
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Eibach Pro Lowering Springs provide a slightly more aggressive and raked stance than your stock suspension while still maintaining a comfortable ride. They will also fit your BMW's stock shocks and are a great and affordable way to increase handling while giving your car a lower stance. On average Eibach Pro Lowering Springs will lower your vehicle 1.4" in the front and 1.0" in the rear, providing for a lower center of gravity and improved handling. Pro Springs feature more control than that of the OEM springs, but are still comfortable for daily use. Here are a few pictures of how your car is going to sit when all is said and done!

[IMG]http://www.**********s.com/images/Products/KONI/DONE.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by ModBargains.com; 12-17-2010 at 01:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 03:31 PM   #4
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: MMW Supercharged E90 328i

^^Let me correct that for you, Eibach prokit drops 1.2" front and 1" rear.

They will offer a more comfortable ride and overall predictability the other makers like H&R because they are Liner springs, instead of progressive.

the B&G stuff, well I have those springs in my civic and they are actually nice in that car, but I wouldn't use them for my e90.

EDIT:

Also, if you already have sprort package, there drops are based off a NON Sport car, so you will see less of an overall drop (instead of 1" it will drop .5-.75")
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Tag
this is the way
Rep

^ Interesting, you think the B&G's are not good enough to put on a bimmer? I don't know much about them.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #6
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craven 328 View Post
^^Let me correct that for you, Eibach prokit drops 1.2" front and 1" rear.

They will offer a more comfortable ride and overall predictability the other makers like H&R because they are Liner springs, instead of progressive.

the B&G stuff, well I have those springs in my civic and they are actually nice in that car, but I wouldn't use them for my e90.

EDIT:

Also, if you already have sprort package, there drops are based off a NON Sport car, so you will see less of an overall drop (instead of 1" it will drop .5-.75")
I'd be interested to hear why.

Cal has the B&G springs on his E39 M5 and I can attest to the improvement in handling. I found them comparable in handling and performance to the H&R sports and are a solid compliment to Koni Shocks.

Interested to hear your feedback based on BMW specific B&G experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 12:56 PM   #7
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Personally I would rather go with an Eibach spring in my e90, its merely a preference thing. Like I said I have them (B&G) in my Civic and they are nice with the Tokico shocks, but there are other brands I would choose first when it comes to my e90.

B&G is not a name that is synonymous with BMW, like H&R or Eibach - at least to me.

If Cal is happy with them in his e39 that is good info, but the Eibach/Koni or H&R/Koni combo is a more popular setup in this scene and I would advise the OP to use the best of what's available for him, and has been deemed tried and true by many members and vendors alike.
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
I just got B&G installed on my E90 (thanks Wheelsto and VS) and am very pleased with them. I paired them with my stock shocks, thanks to posts by Brandon @ EAS. The drop is moderate, about what I expected. Over bumps, they seem less "crashy" than the stock springs (coming from ZSP) without inducing a softer ride or more body roll. FWIW, I have an M3 front sway and UUC rear sway installed as well. They are also not nearly as squeaky in this sub 10*F Chicago weather thus far. I understand brands make a name for themselves for brands for a reason, but discounting others based upon the fact that another brand has a larger "foothold" in a particular market is not a rational reason to discount them. BMW aftermarket does command a premium, but that does not mean that brands that were "good" on Honda's are not worth BMW's. Tein, Bilstein, Moton, etc. makes suspension for both brands...are those too good for the Honda, or not good enough for the BMW?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 10:30 AM   #9
3X3=5
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in a lot of traffic

BTM - pics?
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
Gavin@MMW
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
I just got B&G installed on my E90 (thanks Wheelsto and VS) and am very pleased with them. I paired them with my stock shocks, thanks to posts by Brandon @ EAS. The drop is moderate, about what I expected. Over bumps, they seem less "crashy" than the stock springs (coming from ZSP) without inducing a softer ride or more body roll. FWIW, I have an M3 front sway and UUC rear sway installed as well. They are also not nearly as squeaky in this sub 10*F Chicago weather thus far. I understand brands make a name for themselves for brands for a reason, but discounting others based upon the fact that another brand has a larger "foothold" in a particular market is not a rational reason to discount them. BMW aftermarket does command a premium, but that does not mean that brands that were "good" on Honda's are not worth BMW's. Tein, Bilstein, Moton, etc. makes suspension for both brands...are those too good for the Honda, or not good enough for the BMW?
I think your taking this a little close to heart, I am not going to suggest something for a Car that I havent used before. I have never put B&G's on an e90, I would rather put something on thats that same price and tried and true. Im not saying B&G doesnt know there stuff, im saying I dont have the experience with them in this market. Eibach and H&R make Civic stuff also, its just that I have experience with both makers, along with Tein in the BMW scene and I would choose a familiar product to work with. So I can give the best information I have available to someone looking for answers.

Im glad you like the springs and thats great info for other potential people who want those springs, they have lasted a while in my other car and I wish all the best for them in yours.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
BTM
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: A///MERICAN!!!

Garage List
No offense taken Craven, I would just make it more clear that you are recommending other brands over B&G because you have no experience with the B&G on BMW. Now that I read back I can see that was your intent, but upon initial reaction it was a little hard to see. They are not as popular for sure, but I was able to dig up enough info for me to feel comfortable and pull the trigger on them...and trust me I've been burned by "no name" or "cheap" parts before

3times3: I have only one shitty pic of my dirty car in my dark garage so it is kinda hard to make out. In person though the drop, while moderate, is very apparent. Good for winter and Chicagoland roads lol. Once I finish with all my winter stuff and give a nice wash I will be sure to take much nicer non phone pics

Original ride for comparison. Also the tires on now are 225/40 sq instead of 225/40 255/35. I have a feeling meaty tires and 19s this spring will fill out the fenders nicely

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
Babydragon
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi

[QUOTE=BTM;8522430]No offense taken Craven, I would just make it more clear that you are recommending other brands over B
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 03:04 AM   #13
e36mmm
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport

Late reply but for future reference, I have had B&G S2 springs on my 335i e93 m sport for 6 years now. Superb ride quality, nice stance and no scraping. Not even with full load. No sagging yet either which I have seen with too soft springs in the past after several years. The B&G S2 springs are progressive which is why they are so comfortable. Measurements of drop are; front gets lowered by 1.6 inch where as the rear drops by 1.4 inch. These are manufacturer specs of the springs that can be found on their website. Search under my name for photos and you shall see how the stance appears and guaranteed after seeing the photos, people will consider them.

From memory my options were Eibach Pro Kit, B&G S2's and H&R race.
It was easy to make up my mind once I found out that B&G S2's were the most comfortable yet sat a little higher than H&R race which would be ideal for my liking as H&R race were almost perfect in terms of height but sat too low and was too harsh for street where as Eibach Pro Kit was sitting too high.
For Comfort; B&G S2 > Eibach Pro Kit > H&R Race.
For ride height being the lowest; H&R race > B&G S2 > Eibach pro kit.

Hence why I chose B&G since it was the most comfortable and sitting perfectly for street without being too low. I highly recommend them for their price and longevity.
The springs painted in red also matched my coral red interior which was a bonus.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 03:13 PM   #14
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

I’ve had the Eibach Pro kit springs for about a year on my E91, very very happy with the drop and ride. They matched up great with my stock shocks. No more wheel gap!!!! Also they pair nicely with other Eibach suspension upgrades ie sway bars etc. If you plan on doing more down the road. Just my 2cents. Good luck.
Appreciate 0