E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Problems with Riss downpipes?

10-09-2008, 05:08 AM   #45
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

This is an Interesting thread as the RR Downpipes I got back in February were never installed on my old 335 because I got rid of it basically the next day. But since I have the new 335 I installed the pipes I received and I am having the same exact problems with vibration/rubbing as described and my installer said that the fitment was bad. I've been dealing with the issue as I've been busy but I really want to get it fix as the vibration seems to be getting worse. I'll be Contacting you Anthony maybe you can offer me a solution also I never received the DP fix either.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 08:48 PM   #46
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post

BOOSTED305

Here is the truth too this. This client bought a set of DPs and went to install them quite a few months later. Our return policy is very clear and it is 30 days. We have even returned things outside of 30 days as I am sure some people take time to put them on. However returning a product quite a few MONTHS later? No company does this.
Second I was on the phone with his tech personally a few times. He would at no time would get on the phone with my tech. All he kept saying is basically "i know what im doing" I asked if he could take pics of the issue so we could resolve it. He did not provide them. On top of all of this it left off with me saying let me see if we can find a resolution. During this time we were out of downpipes, and I was seeing if I could get my hands on a set from a vendor. The client then called his credit card company to dispute the purchase. He expected me to still send him another set of dps. So your telling me I need to send you a set of new dps, your going to dispute the charge to get your money back, and your going to keep the previous set of DPs? Due to his unreasonable requests I could not make this client happy and I am sorry for that.

To both of you I am still here and willing to help resolve the issue. I am sorry if you are unhappy, and if there is anything I can do within reason to help please call me ASAP. Thank you!

Anybody that has not gotton an O2 SIM from the orginal group buy please EMAIL me. So I can make sure you get it. If you reply on the forum I cannot look you up by your forum name in our sales database. Please send an email with your order number or full name / address information so we can take care of you. Thanks!

A couple of months? It TURNED INTO a couple of months because you guys threw every excuse in the book at me trying to give me the runaround...

First of all....how would you even know WHEN I bought them? You tried to accuse me of buying the pipes LAST YEAR...something that was easily disproved by my credit card statement....so you either don't even know when I got them or just try to use that BS as your initial smoke screen rebuff.

After that BS was disproven....First you promised a set of your new "Re-designed" pipes (that you ADMITTED had been re-designed because of fitment issues!) would be shipped to me the Tuesday after our initial conversation...I even OFFERED several times to let you charge my credit card so as to assure you I would send the defective ones back to you

Then when the next Tuesday after this conversation you said that all of your pipes had already been shipped out to other customers....because why take care of someone whose money you've already taken? Better to send the pipes to new customers to take their money as well right?

Then you kept delaying, and BS-ing, and delaying some more....all the while making promises to take care of the problem...

Then after a COUPLE OF MONTHS went by...you OUT OF THE BLUE decide to tell me that after further consideration there is nothing wrong with my pipes and it must be a bad installation???!!! After you had ALREADY ADMITTED THAT YOU KNEW ABOUT FITMENT ISSUES AND HAD RE-DESIGNED THE PIPES AS A RESULT!!!

Despite that unbelievable flip-flop that would've made John Kerry proud...I was still very patient with you....

Yet after NUMEROUS e-mails and phone calls from me that went un-answered by you...WHAT CHOICE DID YOU LEAVE ME WITH? I had to protect myself and call my credit card.

Look, the bottom line: YOU KNEW THERE WAS FITMENT ISSUES AND RE-DESIGNED THE PIPES AS A RESULT....your big mistake was ADMITTING this to me AND ASR Engineering...

It is obvious from this thread that I am not the only victim here of your scripted-manner in dealing with those customers who got shafted by your faulty initial design...and we are only the ones who have come forward about the problem...there are obviously more since I doubt you would re-design the pipes for 2-3 customer problems...so I can only imagine how many others you have shafted

Now what can be done "within reason" ?

All myself and cstmx_ryder ever asked for was a set of pipes that FIT, despite the fact we would be out the extra $ for a SECOND installation...

Apparently it wasn't "within reason" in the first place to simply ship us a set of your "re-designed" pipes...instead you turned your back on us since you already had our money and let the situation fester into what it is now...

Now that your tactics are being called out here on the board and you realize you face the possibility of losing potential customers from your unconscionable behavior...now you want to solve the problem eh?

So NOW what would be "within reason"?

you tell us...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 09:20 PM   #47
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Well said, called him today around 5:30pm, no answer. So I left him a message, with my NUMBER and that was the last of it. No call back yet.

So 4 people and counting................

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 09:58 PM   #48
Insider
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Wow, this company is sounding pretty shady. Let's hope these issues get resolved.
      10-09-2008, 10:51 PM   #49
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

If you guys want a set of 3" pipes that fit, give us a call
      10-09-2008, 11:12 PM   #50
tek818
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M Competition

Garage List
2018 M3 ZCP  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post
I will definitely be getting a set of your downpipes for my next 335. I would never give a dollar to Riss Racing...
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2008, 11:54 PM   #51
AV9
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 m3

dayum!! there's a lot of drama here...i am currently in the market for dp's and RR was looking pretty hot on my list, now i dont know what to do
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 01:13 AM   #52
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Exclamation

For the people that have issues. Please contact me in the correct fashion with your purchase date contact information etc.....Please give me a detailed account of the issue. If you have pictures showing the issue this will be a plus. I will look into it fully. We want to do what we can to make you happy and we are sorry if you are unhappy. However talking back and forth on this forum is not going to get us anyplace. I have lost my voice due to ILLness so it will be a lot easier to deal with in E-Mail for the time being. My email is anthony@rissracing.com or you can contact adam@rissracing.com.

Last edited by Riss Racing; 10-10-2008 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #53
Adam@Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Interlagos Blue BMW M5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insider View Post
Wow, this company is sounding pretty shady. Let's hope these issues get resolved.
Please check our rating on google checkout. We do not condone in any "shady" business. We have many satisfied customers that have our products. The Vishnu car, Helix car, JB 135i, Bimmerworld car, etc. We'll try to get all the issues resolved with the few people on this thread.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 03:31 AM   #54
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam@Riss Racing View Post
You SOLD the downpipes we've given you for FREE under the sponsorship. Here's the thread and your post showing you sold them. To this date, we do not see any additional purchases from you. How can you have a problem with installation when you don't have our downpipes?

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...62#post2316562
Like I said in the P.M Jtecnik Bought them from me and never installed them. The DP's you sent me just sat on a shelf at Autotalent for 6 months. I have since then bought a new 335 and since he never installed them on his car I bought them back from him and installed them on my new car. They are the same exact pieces you shipped me. You can call Autotalent and talk to Sam to verify that story as well as PM Jtecnik. I don't see whats wrong with saying that I'm having the same problem and that's the truth?
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 09:33 AM   #55
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

I had my RR Dps fitted perfectly. No problems there.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 12:01 PM   #56
vegasspeed
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i 6MT coupe Montego Blue

It would be in your best interest to just mail them new pipes. How hard is that to do?
      10-10-2008, 03:19 PM   #57
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Although I've been having issues with the RR DPs. I didn't start posting in this thread to bash on RR products or company as a whole. The ONLY issue I have is the fitment, and how RR treated the customers with V1 DPs. This doesn't mean that they make poor products, it only means that they need to take care of their customers when serious issues arise.

I'm sure the new ones fit better according to them. So please, it isn't so much about their product, but the customer service. This isn't going to stop me from buying from RR again, and I hope none of you will either.

The reasons for my post is because they had ignored my issues, so I felt like I needed others to see if my requests are reasonable or not. It was also my last resort to get them to respond to me. That's it........

Since my last post, Anthony has emailed me back saying that they'll send out a new set in exchange for the flawed ones. But he wanted me to send the flawed ones back before sending the new ones out. I'm a little hesitant in doing so solely because of my past experiences with them, and simply don't want to get SHAFTED a second time.

So I asked them to send me the new set first, so I can just pay for one installation and swap them out. Rather than paying for installation of the OEM, and then again for the new DPs. Does that make sense?

I even told him that he can put a charge on my card account if he's worried that I won't send the flawed ones back. If it were the other way around, there's nothing that I can hold them to, if they decided NOT to follow through with their word. That has happened before, believe it or not.

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2008, 03:29 PM   #58
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Quote:
Originally Posted by cstmx_ryder View Post

...So I asked them to send me the new set first, so I can just pay for one installation and swap them out. Rather than paying for installation of the OEM, and then again for the new DPs. Does that make sense?
Makes sense, and sounds perfectly reasonable.
      10-11-2008, 04:08 PM   #59
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

So I asked them to send me the new set first, so I can just pay for one installation and swap them out. Rather than paying for installation of the OEM, and then again for the new DPs. Does that make sense?

It makes perfect sense...

that's exactly the story-line I went through with them...I also didn't want to have to pay for 2 additional installations...and offered them to put a hold on my card until they received the defective pipes back....to which they initially agreed

but then they renegged on that....and you know the rest of the story

It's good to know they have contacted you and seem to be trying, now, to remedy the situation...

oddly enough I haven't received any similar communication or any such offer from Riss...

Hope it works out for you...let us know
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 12:09 PM   #60
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

OK, just an update here.

RR has came through in sending me a new set of the 're-designed' catless DPs, as some of you know, I was having rubbing/vibration issues with my current RR catless DPs.

First and foremost, I must say I'm impressed with RR's product quality, as I did with the first set (just not the design). Again, the finish was superb, and the welding was immaculate, very clean.

Shipping was quick, no damages to the DPs from shipping and handling. I did notice some changes aside from the shapes of the DPs.

1. There's now a bigger concave on the short DP. It was smaller, about a size of a spoon, on the V1 DPs.

2. The RR plaque/logo that has been welded on is now in red and black (referring to the RR). On the V1 DPs, or at least the ones I have, the plaque/logo is just stenciled or etched in with no colors.

The main changes were the bending of the DPs to fit better (theoretically), and the tapering of the 3" to 2.5" occurs a bit later on the DPs, especially on the short one.

I'm going back to Rassmusson BMW to get them installed next Friday. I will give another shout about how the process and fitment is on these new DPs.

Here are the pics:

Hardware included:
(2) exhaust gaskets
(4) exhaust bolts
(4) washers
(4) nuts
Attached Images

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2008, 12:13 PM   #61
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ar design View Post

ar design ftw
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2008, 09:05 PM   #62
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
OK, just an update here.

RR has came through in sending me a new set of the 're-designed' catless DPs, as some of you know, I was having rubbing/vibration issues with my current RR catless DPs.

First and foremost, I must say I'm impressed with RR's product quality, as I did with the first set (just not the design). Again, the finish was superb, and the welding was immaculate, very clean.

Shipping was quick, no damages to the DPs from shipping and handling. I did notice some changes aside from the shapes of the DPs.

1. There's now a bigger concave on the short DP. It was smaller, about a size of a spoon, on the V1 DPs.

2. The RR plaque/logo that has been welded on is now in red and black (referring to the RR). On the V1 DPs, or at least the ones I have, the plaque/logo is just stenciled or etched in with no colors.

The main changes were the bending of the DPs to fit better (theoretically), and the tapering of the 3" to 2.5" occurs a bit later on the DPs, especially on the short one.

I'm going back to Rassmusson BMW to get them installed next Friday. I will give another shout about how the process and fitment is on these new DPs.

Here are the pics:

Hardware included:
(2) exhaust gaskets
(4) exhaust bolts
(4) washers
(4) nuts
Wow....wish they would call me...but I still haven't heard a word from them...

It'd be nice if they would send me new pipes as well...my problem was exactly the same as yours, I mentioned it on this thread just like you and others, they have already received numerous e-mails and phone calls from me....

but only you get new pipes

I guess you're the only one they're going to take care of...

good for you though brother, at least some good came out of this thread....
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #63
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boosted305 View Post
Wow....wish they would call me...but I still haven't heard a word from them...

It'd be nice if they would send me new pipes as well...my problem was exactly the same as yours, I mentioned it on this thread just like you and others, they have already received numerous e-mails and phone calls from me....

but only you get new pipes

I guess you're the only one they're going to take care of...

good for you though brother, at least some good came out of this thread....
IMO, you need to be persistent about it, but in a nice way. I know it gets kinda frustrating, but look how long it took me(over 3 months) before they gave a shit.

I mean, I had pictures of my issues already from months ago. I just needed to resend them to RR and re-explain my issues again. How long have you had the DPs?

Just take some pictures and shoot them an email explaining what's going on. That's precisely what I did, and I don't see why they wouldn't take care of you like they did me, with all the documentations of the issue(s).

Good luck and keep trying!! RR will and should come through like they did for me........

'08 AW E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 10:54 PM   #64
XLR8MF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan 2008

Well I got a crazy story for you.
I was one of the first people to get the RR Dp's for my e90 and they have been rubbing and rattling non-stop for almost 5 months. Why so long, because RR never returned my messages. In fact they told me the O2 simm story too and I fell victim to empty promises as well. But here is where the story gets really good. The installation was completely botched. The fitting looked like shit and the O2 bank sensors where switched. Guess who installed them. RR did that who. That's right, i drove to Cali and had to get under the car the next day to switch the 02 bank sensors. I was told I would get this and that for helping them and never got anything. Now and only now you want to make it right by giving me the o2 sims? Let me tell you where you can put those sims buddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You want people to contact you but they have and you do not respond. You only want PM's to help with damage control but people are pissed and we are not going to stop until everyone knows you are dishonest and your product is SHIT! Karma sucks huh?
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:33 PM   #65
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
if everyone would just buy AR design dps the world would be a better place.... has anyone seen a complaint thread about those? mine are great

1. drive to CA and give riss the pipes back
2. GET YOUR MONEY BACK
3. drive to bank of america, deposit in ATM
4. www.ardesign.info
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2008, 11:41 PM   #66
gt3fever
Major
Rep
Drives: 992 GT3, G87

No problem with my RR catless dp here
Appreciate 0