E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Eibach Pro

11-14-2017, 04:47 AM   #1
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330d M Sport LCI

Eibach Pro

I have got a E90 with factory M Sport suspension. As with M Sport setup, the ride is firm.

One option I was looking at was changing to Eibach Pro springs if it improves the ride quality.

Looking at this link the spring rates of the Eibach are less than M Sport - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235797

I presume that means the ride will be more comfortable?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 12:41 AM   #2
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Any opinions?
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 10:29 AM   #3
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 "325i"

Kinda more comfortable, the faster you go the better with the Bilstein HD's and these springs, definitely more body control.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #4
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
Kinda more comfortable, the faster you go the better with the Bilstein HD's and these springs, definitely more body control.
Sounds like OP is planning on pairing these with stock dampers...big difference.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 11:58 AM   #5
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCobra94 View Post
Sounds like OP is planning on pairing these with stock dampers...big difference.
Yes I am planning on using them on stock M sport dampers. My primary aim is to improve the ride quality.
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2017, 01:48 PM   #6
r4dr
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: various BMWs

Quote:
e90 ZSP or e92
Front: 145 lb/in
Rear: 460 lb/in

Eibach Pro-kit
Front: 148 lb/in
Rear: 456 lb/in
Those spring rates are exactly the same, I don't know where you're getting the difference?

Are you still on runflat tires?
Appreciate 1
      11-16-2017, 03:09 AM   #7
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r4dr View Post
Those spring rates are exactly the same, I don't know where you're getting the difference?

Are you still on runflat tires?
Yes good point, spring rates are near enough the same.

So on that basis, I am assuming there is point changing as the comfort is exactly the same.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #8
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E60525d View Post
Yes I am planning on using them on stock M sport dampers. My primary aim is to improve the ride quality.
How many miles on your car?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 12:54 PM   #9
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #10
gunnerxq
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

And you want to keep the stock shocks? You're ride might be suffering because of worn out shocks.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 04:39 PM   #11
Twin_Snails
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

If you're planning on eibach lowering springs, great choice . I just got my eibachs installed just over 3 months ago and absolutely love them. As for ride quality they feel pretty much like the zsp springs, but unlike zsp springs they aren't floaty and have also noticed less body roll when taking corners. Also might as well change out dampers too since they're at 100,000 miles.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 05:03 PM   #12
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banco_9 View Post
As for ride quality they feel pretty much like the zsp springs, but unlike zsp springs they aren't floaty and have also noticed less body roll when taking corners.
What dampers did you go with?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 05:21 PM   #13
dleccord
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90

How many inches does the Eibach drop?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #14
chris@strutmonkey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

If your ride is too firm/uncomfortable with sport springs and you have over 50k miles on your shocks, get new shocks. It's not the springs. An even better option is to get new nonsrpot shocks and nonsport springs. Eibachs are not going to be more comfortable. Better, yes, but not softer. Here is new non-sport kit:

Name:  e90 b4 front.JPG small.JPG
Views: 821
Size:  457.6 KB

Quote:
I have got a E90 with factory M Sport suspension. As with M Sport setup, the ride is firm.

One option I was looking at was changing to Eibach Pro springs if it improves the ride quality.

Looking at this link the spring rates of the Eibach are less than M Sport - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235797

Appreciate 1
      11-17-2017, 02:56 AM   #15
E60525d
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banco_9 View Post
If you're planning on eibach lowering springs, great choice . I just got my eibachs installed just over 3 months ago and absolutely love them. As for ride quality they feel pretty much like the zsp springs, but unlike zsp springs they aren't floaty and have also noticed less body roll when taking corners. Also might as well change out dampers too since they're at 100,000 miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnerxq View Post
And you want to keep the stock shocks? You're ride might be suffering because of worn out shocks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris@strutmonkey View Post
If your ride is too firm/uncomfortable with sport springs and you have over 50k miles on your shocks, get new shocks. It's not the springs. An even better option is to get new nonsrpot shocks and nonsport springs. Eibachs are not going to be more comfortable. Better, yes, but not softer. Here is new non-sport kit:

Attachment 1722838
I should of mentioned that I replaced the shocks with OEM Sport Sachs around 10,000 miles ago. This did improve a bit but overall I still find ir harsher than I would like.

Yes one option is to go non sport springs and dampers but I believe this will raise the ride height around 15mm.

So in summary, I rather not replace the shocks again if i can avoid it. And also it seems Eibach Pro wont help much either.

So my only options seems like non sport springs. Any idea on how this will feel like with Sport shocks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #16
FCobra94
Rep
n/a
Drives:

I replaced my front non-sport springs with sport springs recently. Bilstein B6s all around otherwise.

If anything, the car is MORE comfortable now. The replacement slightly stiffer springs got rid of that annoying undersprung "bounce" I was getting along the front axle before. The car feels much more "in sync" now with a much more cohesive front/rear frequency.

So no, just simply switching to non-sport hardware will likely not give you a "more comfortable ride." You have to really quantify the exact characteristics your looking for before throwing parts at the car. You might find that your desires might not be entirely realistic at all; especially if you're trying to match the ride quality of a different brand/model car you recently rode in, etc.

Again, what tires are you currently running?
Appreciate 0
      11-29-2017, 10:20 PM   #17
chris@strutmonkey
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

Unfortunately, nonsport springs would be best with nonsport shocks.

Quote:
I should of mentioned that I replaced the shocks with OEM Sport Sachs around 10,000 miles ago. This did improve a bit but overall I still find ir harsher than I would like.

Yes one option is to go non sport springs and dampers but I believe this will raise the ride height around 15mm.

So in summary, I rather not replace the shocks again if i can avoid it. And also it seems Eibach Pro wont help much either.

So my only options seems like non sport springs. Any idea on how this will feel like with Sport shocks.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2017, 08:31 PM   #18
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:

I wouldn't pair Eibach springs with m-sport shocks & struts, unless Eibach specifically states that this spring set is tuned for the m- sport suspension.

Spring rates vary and need to be tuned to the car & suspension they are paired with.

For example the b12 lowering kit comes with Bilstein b8 shocks & struts & Eibach springs that are tuned to the car & the b8 suspension. Bilstein has their own strut & shock bump stops. I am sure this factored into the Eibach spring design.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2017, 11:59 PM   #19
Azines
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 335i Xdrive

Sorry to go off topic on the thread, but I have a question concerning Eibach springs as well,

I was planning to originally lower my car on Eibach pro-kit springs just to close off the annoying front wheel gap the x-drive models get. I don't track the car, or beat on it in any way.
By all means, id does see some spirited driving from time to time, but otherwise I try to baby it being a daily driver.

My dilemma is, would I be sacrificing a lot of comfort driving wise if i went for a minimal drop with the Eibach pro-kit?
I understand the car will be a little bit more firm around the edges, but I don't mind to an extent. Would it be safe to go with the springs alone?
Being that the car is nearing its 10th birthday and over 70k miles, would it be a better choice to replace other suspension parts as well, just of the age? Or even go with a coilover kit?

I'm also curious if anybody had any issues with lowering the car on spacers? I'm running 12mm on the front, but my main concern is the rear.
I'm running 20mm in the back, had it installed for over 15 months, and the car does not rub even with passengers in the back.
Did anybody on here successfully lower their rear with 20mm without much fender rolling? Or will rolling be most likely necessary?
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2017, 06:45 PM   #20
Julian2485
Major
Rep
Drives: Black lci e90 335 xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azines View Post
Sorry to go off topic on the thread, but I have a question concerning Eibach springs as well,

I was planning to originally lower my car on Eibach pro-kit springs just to close off the annoying front wheel gap the x-drive models get. I don't track the car, or beat on it in any way.
By all means, id does see some spirited driving from time to time, but otherwise I try to baby it being a daily driver.

My dilemma is, would I be sacrificing a lot of comfort driving wise if i went for a minimal drop with the Eibach pro-kit?
I understand the car will be a little bit more firm around the edges, but I don't mind to an extent. Would it be safe to go with the springs alone?
Being that the car is nearing its 10th birthday and over 70k miles, would it be a better choice to replace other suspension parts as well, just of the age? Or even go with a coilover kit?

I'm also curious if anybody had any issues with lowering the car on spacers? I'm running 12mm on the front, but my main concern is the rear.
I'm running 20mm in the back, had it installed for over 15 months, and the car does not rub even with passengers in the back.
Did anybody on here successfully lower their rear with 20mm without much fender rolling? Or will rolling be most likely necessary?
If you go with eibach springs definitely change your struts shocks. I would go with bilstein sports. Or if you want to close up the gap even more between tire fenders get a coilover kit. I'm actually selling my sonic tuning coilover kit with front adjustable endlinks.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 01:47 PM   #21
calswan7145
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi, 2009 328xi

Garage List
I swapped out my whole suspension about 10,000 miles ago with the eibach pro kit and new struts and shocks. The ride is very similar if not better than stock just driving around but when you hit a bump or pothole you can tell they are lowering springs its very stiff. But the stock suspension was pretty similar anyways. I highly recomend the kit. In corners my car has very minimal body roll now and is much more enjoyable to drive. Only thing i would mention is to install the rear sway bar you need to drop the exhaust and lower the subframe. Which requires either two people or multiple jacks and stands.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2017, 01:52 PM   #22
calswan7145
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi, 2009 328xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azines View Post

I have the xdrive and the eibach pro kit. I lowered it with 30 mm in the rear and 15mm in the front and have no rubbing issues. The rear springs may be too small and you might have rubbing issues but you can fix it by buying extended springs seats or fabricating your own. After i did this i have zero issues with rubbing and bottoming out. I can send you pictures of how the car sits with the new suspension. Another thing: the 2wd front sway bar will NOT fit a Xdrive e90. I have the stock front sway bar but i installed heavy duty bushings and adjustable end links to make it stiffer. The rear sway bar will fit because the design is the same.
Appreciate 0