E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Battery Charger & Car jack in Raleigh N?

06-29-2018, 03:38 PM   #1
shreedamin
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 335i E92

Battery Charger & Car jack in Raleigh N?

Whats up guys! I want to flash MHD on my car but i dont have a battery charger does anyone have one i can borrow? Also a car jack so i can install my intercooler?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2018, 07:57 PM   #2
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
You can get a trickle charger on amazon for like $15 that should be able to keep the battery topped off for a flash...and as much maintenance as these cars require I would suggest you invest in a floorjack, some jack stands, and perhaps a set of ramps. Go to harbor freight...cheap cheap cheap...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
shreedamin
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer_Engineer View Post
You can get a trickle charger on Amazon for like $15 that should be able to keep the battery topped off for a flash...and as much maintenance as these cars require I would suggest you invest in a floor jack, some jack stands, and perhaps a set of ramps. Go to harbor freight...cheap cheap cheap...

cool, I actually have a trickle charger already, I was under the impression I needed something more.

I bought ramps, jack stands, and a low profile jack for my DP install a few months ago but I had trouble jacking the car up. the jack was not long enough..... I ended up returning all of it.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
Bimmer_Engineer
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedamin View Post
cool, I actually have a trickle charger already, I was under the impression I needed something more.

I bought ramps, jack stands, and a low profile jack for my DP install a few months ago but I had trouble jacking the car up. the jack was not long enough..... I ended up returning all of it.
Ok well it sounds like you know what you’re looking for...good luck bud...
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #5
MiniXP
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 335i, 06 X5 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedamin View Post

Similar thing happened to me. I bought the smallest harbor freight aluminum jack and it was way to short.

I returned it and bought one of the longer ones, but to get to the center jack point it still wasn't long enough, so I made short ramps out of two decking boards screwed together, which takes it off the ground enough to get to the center jack point.