E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > E91 Wagon LCI Upgrades 2009

04-11-2024, 01:03 PM   #1
Quickbrownfox
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328I Touring

Hey everyone,

Ive been reading up on some forums about upgrades i wanna make to “LCI” the car a bit and just want some confirmation on which part numbers i should be getting as they are a bit all over the place.

Currently for Audio, this E91 has L7 sound system. USB integration, sirius radio, and bluetooth phone (unsure about audio). When plugging my iPhone 14 Pro into the center console USB it is not recognized where as in my 2011 E92 it is. I just want to know which part number for the BMW professional HU is correct to gain the ability to read my phone and play audio while not losing the current options it has (posted in pictures).

As a subtopic to this, the current L7 AMP needed to replaced and a replacement has been purchased. Does this require coding or is it plug and play?

Next, i want to replace the older Climate control board (with the REST button) to one with ALL Button. As in this E91, the heated seats are located below. From what I can see part 64119250394 should work but needs coding? Just want to confirm or see if theres a way to avoid coding.

Lastly, im also planning on upgrading the seats to sport seats and the steering wheel to a non-M sport wheel (minus the paddles). From what ive read, these upgrades are plug and play. Just want confirmation aswell.

Thank you and sorry in advance if there are dumb questions in here lol
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
oVeRdOsE.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F25 E91 Audi Avnt E90 Cayenne

im doing it right now, completing a fully loaded E91.

So far, I'm stuck at headlights.

I did not started the rest, so Ill update accordingly.

I'm retrofitting :

- individual sound system (shit load of work, should be plug n play)
- comfort access (2 coding required. )
- Sport seats (plug n play in my case)
- backup sensors (didnt check yet)
- CIC (plug an play in my case, already got CCC)
- heating steering wheel , with M plate and new cover (plug an play)
- headlight ( coding adaptive control).
- adaptive cruise ( very low chance Im doing this, not super useful on a 6mt)

you'll need inpa to add $XXX options, and probably code out some errors.

All the info should be online, but most of the time I need 3 thread and couple of youtube to get ALL the info...

For the logic 7, some people have reported getting a full car and swapping is in most case cheaper. especially if you flip de donor after.

personnaly I bought the car, and part out what I dont need. I had too many stuff to retrofit. At the end, with the part out, the cost of the items, will be near 0$. Only few 100hours into that lollll
Appreciate 0