E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > 330i Fan spinning up / AC going warm

06-18-2018, 03:08 AM   #1
DriverLDN
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i M Sport E90 2006

Unhappy 330i Fan spinning up / AC going warm

Hi Guys,

Had something odd happen to the car over the weekend. On Saturday morning I was driving, then went to fill up and then when I started again, the cooling fan had kicked in on full speed by the sounds of it all the way home which was about 5miles. So I popped the bonnet open to have a check and the engine didn't seem any warmer than usually. However it has me worried as the last time that happened was about 2 years ago and I need to change the waterpump and some sensors.

Saturday evening I had to drive London to Preston, so as I got on the motorway, I noticed the A/C was going warm and the speed control showed the fan had speed up to setting 4 and it was blowing out heat from the top vents. Then it would go back to cool again, the 10mins later or something 30mins later it would do the same again.

I drove the car again yesterday about 8 urban miles and nothing. Checked and topped up the coolant levels. Faulty sensor maybe?

I'm hoping its not another waterpump issue as I've had loads of the coolant hose etc just changed a few weeks ago, so don't need another bill.

I've got it booked in with an BMW Indy this morning, but wondering if anyone has seen this?