E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Turner Motorspots E92 Software

04-10-2007, 07:43 AM   #1
boosted_coupe
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335

Turner Motorspots E92 Software

I've used the "search function" on this software upgrade for the E92 Coupe but haven't found much information. What is everyone's thoughts on this ECU flash and has anyone actually done it to their coupe?
      04-10-2007, 08:03 AM   #2
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Hi

I did not on the 335i ( comes mid of May ), but on several other BMW's I've owned in the past (not the Turner SW).

In theory, the ECU flash is the best way for an ECU modification, thus a GOOD tuner can modify all parameters to achieve a reliable, performant and valuable tune. There are not that much good tuners around ...

The downsides of ECU programming:

- It's not removable and leaves traces in the car, even when you (let) reflash it with the previous software
- It will be overwritten from BMW, if they like to perform an ECU reflash. On my current X5 they did it 3 times within 2 years
- compared to the PROcede, you will not get updated releases or enhancements
- compared to the PROcede, you will not have the choice between different available maps
- compared to the PROcede, you cannot switch between 2 maps
- compared to the PROcede, no datalogging is supported ( not important for me, I have a dedicated datalogger )

I decided to go the PROcede route with the 335i. Shiv is a VERY GOOD tuner.

My $ 0.02

Hope that helps.

Cheers
Eugen
Appreciate 0