E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > EUC tuning vs. PROcede tuning

04-11-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

EUC tuning vs. PROcede tuning

Hi everybody !

I think that ECU tuning ( flashing ) would be the most optimal and efficient solution to tune the 335i. The tuner would be able to alter and modify any internal map's he likes to. Downside: The ECU flash could be overwritten from BMW on your next regular service / inspection because the BMW service computer system tells them to do so.

Add-on ECU's like the PROcede have to modify sensor's data / voltage so that the ECU ( and engine ) does what the tuner want's to do it to do. This is a complete different approach, somehow tricky and also very successful, as we know.

As mentioned, the number of parameters you can modify is important for a high quality and successful engine tune. This might have been the main issue that caused Vishnu to exchange the XEDE with the PROcede product. Beside some feasible business advantages.

The PROcede has a couple of additional digital/analog I/O's compared to the XEDE. Maybe a faster CPU as well ( just speculation ). It is capable to support intercooler water spray, methanol injection, speed defender, launch control, etc.

Back to engine performance tuning. Are there any gaps/downsides from the current PROcede implementation you see compared to an ECU reflash, if Vishnu would provide it ?

Appreciate your feedback.

Cheers
Eugen

Last edited by e.n335; 04-11-2007 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
CASHBY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335 "done up"

Well flash is easily detected by Dealers and even if you take it out there are still traces left in the ECU.

I own 2 audis both of which have flashed software and its great... i hook my laptop up and modify each program for different settings...race gas, pump gas etc. Very easy, but I have been doing it for a while and know exactly what im doing with it.

With PROcede you can alter the maps, but I believe Shiv doesnt want this feature avalible because we all know what happens when you have someone who doesnt know what they are doing, adjust different settings...timing, boost, etc.

I think the main issue would be that the flash is easily traced.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #3
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEA 3 View Post
Well flash is easily detected by Dealers and even if you take it out there are still traces left in the ECU.

I own 2 audis both of which have flashed software and its great... i hook my laptop up and modify each program for different settings...race gas, pump gas etc. Very easy, but I have been doing it for a while and know exactly what im doing with it.

With PROcede you can alter the maps, but I believe Shiv doesnt want this feature avalible because we all know what happens when you have someone who doesnt know what they are doing, adjust different settings...timing, boost, etc.

I think the main issue would be that the flash is easily traced.
Fully agree. Related to integration, quality and efficency, is the PROcede as of today as good as if it would be an ECU flash ?

I had a lot of discussions with a German BMW ECU tuner about ECU tuning. Great knowledge. I know there are concerns, issues, investigations and mitigations until you´ll find the right settings for a good setup.

A challenge, Vishnu will know

Last edited by e.n335; 04-11-2007 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2007, 05:02 PM   #4
purplewidow
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335

most aren't coming out with ecu flashes..b/c people don't wanna lose there warrenty on a car this expensive!!!! unless dinan comes out with one or you can easily wipe clean the ecu flash when you take it in for service...seems like the procede is the king of the ecu mods as we speak!!!! you want a real ecu mod....get a new aem ecu..totally void your warranty and have every option in the book..my buddy got one on his 1025 hp supra...it took 1 sec off his quarter mile..without increasing hp or anything over the old it just has so many performance features you can get lost there are so many settings....he said it can measure the front and rear wheels spin so that when he sprays meth/nit it sprays the perfect amount so he doesn't break traction...the ecu has ton's and ton's of features!!!! but i don't think they have one for the beamer...was just a lil rant on what can be done!!
________
New jersey medical marijuana

Last edited by purplewidow; 03-29-2011 at 07:58 PM..
Appreciate 0