E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Hexon Inlets/Customer Service - Failing?

08-08-2016, 11:37 AM   #1
puppydax
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [0.00]
2016 Viper ACR  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Hexon Inlets/Customer Service - Failing?

http://www.hexonautowerks.com/produc...?pg=&PdSearch=

So I decided to go with Hexon Inlets in April because Hexon seemed to sell a great product and have great service. I think I may have bought them at the wrong time.

Before installing, I sent a few messages to Hexon via Facebook. All of my messages regarding the size of the inlet pipe were never answered (should have been a warning).

April 1st, bought the inlets.

April 3rd I was told they would be shipped Monday, April 4th.

April 11th - His partner forgot to ship my inlets.

Install was not horrible, but there were issues. I was missing a bolt to bolt the front inlet to the block. Whenever the rear inlet was on it's way to tightening, it would start to slip off despite the snout being completely cleaned, dried, hairsprayed etc. Why? The stock inlet size is 1.75mm and the Hexon inlet size is 1.81mm. Also, the version 1 is missing the adapter for the PTC heating element.

April 23rd I found the rear inlet would not secure down tightly (date of install).

June 9th I was told I would have a replacement sent.

June 10th I was asked for my shipping address and phone number

June 10th, I was asked for my shipping address and phone number again? Was also told that the shipment was being made right now.

July 16th, inlet popped off (3rd time) again and mentioned that I haven't received the replacement yet. During this time, WGDC is extremely high because of the inlet not staying secured.

July 17th, I questioned the size of the rear inlet, but got no answer to the sizing.

July 21st, he responded stating that the v2 inlet isn't available and he'd have to send it in 10 days.

August 4th, no response when I inquired.

August 6th, no response when I inquired.

August 8th, pending.

I guess the higher customer base Hexon gets, the more they can't keep up with customer service anymore? Really dislike the solution to the rear inlet popping off is to go with another brand that matches the turbo snout size.

At this point, I don't care about these inlets or Hexon anymore. Will try another brand in the future.

Last edited by puppydax; 08-08-2016 at 11:42 AM..
Appreciate 0