E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 ADH Repair

08-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #1
zimi117
Registered
Rep
Drives: E46 330CI, E90 N55 335i xDrive

E90 ADH Repair

I am in need of assistance on my OEM 2011 E90 BMW 335xi adaptive headlights. It seems like on my driver side headlight that a bump has placed it slightly out of adjustment (cutoff slightly rotated clockwise). I am to nervous to play with the adjustment arms and was wondering if this is something a shop could tackle. I have no headlight warnings, but the cutoff is slightly askew. The stepper motors do function still and I have no warning. It is the driver headlight so hopefully you would be able to get at it removing the wheel liner.

Is this something I can attempt? I am trying to find a shop in Chicago but am having trouble.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2019, 03:56 PM   #2
mweisdorfer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Black/Black 335i e90

Garage List
2007 BMW E90 335i  [0.00]
2008 bmw x5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimi117 View Post
I am in need of assistance on my OEM 2011 E90 BMW 335xi adaptive headlights. It seems like on my driver side headlight that a bump has placed it slightly out of adjustment (cutoff slightly rotated clockwise). I am to nervous to play with the adjustment arms and was wondering if this is something a shop could tackle. I have no headlight warnings, but the cutoff is slightly askew. The stepper motors do function still and I have no warning. It is the driver headlight so hopefully you would be able to get at it removing the wheel liner.

Is this something I can attempt? I am trying to find a shop in Chicago but am having trouble.

Thanks
You have to take the bumper off to get the headlight out. There is no way around that.

It's not really a big deal to be honest..

If you don't have a error message on the dash or a code, I'd say to manually adjust it with the two screws. The module is on the bottom of the headlight. You can get one on eBay made in China for $50.00. There are software recalibrate tricks you can try with NCS expert. Google that. There is a 5 page thread on it.
Appreciate 0