E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Help-- 2008 BMW 335i vandalized; security in limp

11-04-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
fantasiaedge
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 335i 2008 hardtop conver.

Help-- 2008 BMW 335i vandalized; security in limp

Hello,

I'm looking for some technical assistance. My situation is as described: I have a 2008 BMW 335i hardtop convertible that was left open accidentally leaving thieves to cut the wiring off from my rearview mirror (taking the whole unit), as well as popping the hood and removing the air ducting in + the MAF(and sensor).

My battery is continuously drained since it has been sitting for some time so all starting attempts are from a boost. Now, this doesn't appear to be the problem -in my opinion- moreover, the vehicle will crank but doesn't start. It appears the security system reacts and reboots the whole system and everything on the dash resets and the key in the symbol re-appears. All electronics are functional.

1. I'm curious if the likely culprit is rearview mirror because it is tied into the electrical circuit and with the circuit being open by the cut wires the system will not start?

2. The missing air ducting in, and MAF sensor is the to blame?

3. Is there possibly something else very simple that I've missed or overlooked? I've tried both keys... I have read that the fuel pump relay can cause the same no start results... I was considering buying a new relay and plug and play to see if she bucks.

4. Where can I source the aforementioned for a half-decent price?

Thank you for taking the time to read over my dilemma, no candid information will be over-looked

Fantasia
Appreciate 0