E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Do not buy from JLevi SW

06-09-2011, 03:48 AM   #1
purifyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Do not buy from JLevi SW

Hi peeps

Just a warning about ridiculous waiting times with Jlevi SW and shipping, would not recommend them for any australian wanting parts...

I paid for kw v1 coilovers on May 19th. They wanted credit card authorization, which was unfortunately placed in my spam folder meaning I didn't send the extra information required until the 25th of May (date at which I was charged). It is now the 9th of June and the package has still not even left JLevi SW yet. lol. for the last 2 weeks I have been asking them every day what is going on, initially being told the package was already with TNT, then USPS... learnt yesterday it had actually not even left their warehouse yet.

On top of everything, they have charged me ~$360 for shipping to oz, meaning cost saving from importing from usa = ~$0
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 03:56 AM   #2
cruvon
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90

that's not good. Most of them do ask for credit card auth, had to send scans to getbmwparts too of Tischer BMW.
Tiag E90 | JBSPEED Spli t t ers | JBSPEED ACS style Roof Spoiler | JBSPEED M3 style Trunk spoiler | Euro plates | K&N Intake | BMW OEM Performance Exhaust | Debadged | OEM Chromeline trim |230 OEM rims | 19" Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Non runflats | OEM Burr Walnut Gear knob | OEM Blacklines | OEM Spacesaver |
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:06 AM   #3
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

What a lot of these companies do in the US is drop ship. You place an order and pay for the item which they then ship direct from their suppliers warehouse (i.e. they don't physically hold the stock themselves).

In regards to these guys I've ordered from them before 2 shipments;

1) Eisenmann 3rd section exhaust

Well it arrived okay, installed fine and sounded like pure sex.

Then it transpired that their supplier (at the time the US agent for Eisenmann) was selling fakes made in China. I found this out about 6mths after I'd received the exhaust.

I complained and asked for a refund or even partial refund and they refused and told me to take it up with their supplier. My credit card company could not help due to the age of the transaction.

Eventually after about 6mths and lots of emails back and forth their supplier did compensate me to a large extent.

2) PSS9 coil overs

Again arrived without issue.

After 3 years one of the rear springs snapped in half ... an unusual occurrence but covered under a lifetime warranty.

I emailed the JV people and again was referred to the Bilstein company in the US. Luckily they were very helpful (I assume that JV supplied them with a copy of my receipt) and after 2 weeks I had 2 new rear springs arrive for my local installer to put into the car for me.

In terms of time to ship etc I had no issues. BUT I do have issues with suppliers not supporting the products they sell and simply referring issues to the manufacturer / company they purchased the items from.

Just my 0.02c worth.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Order locally from andrew@southernbm. His prices are alright and saves all the hassle with shipping and not getting your product.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 04:27 AM   #5
CRT3
i eat disco for breakfast
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
Order locally from andrew@southernbm. His prices are alright and saves all the hassle with shipping and not getting your product.
+1

SAPHIRE BLACK 07 E92 335I /// M-SPORT
// H&R SPRINGS // CF SPLITTERS // MATTE BLK GRILL // 19" // SUNROOF // GP THURDERS // JB+// BLACKOUT ROUNDELS
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2011, 12:13 PM   #6
niwad25
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 320i 325i 530d 335i

for me, CA Automotive still best competitive price and great customer service.
      06-10-2011, 05:32 AM   #7
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef Beef View Post
gp thunders for 100bux or something? I think I'll save 80% and wait a few weeks...
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:19 AM   #8
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmroxm5 View Post
gp thunders for 100bux or something? I think I'll save 80% and wait a few weeks...
KWs were a good price. Cheaper than if they were shipped from US.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #9
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

I'm waiting on my HID xenon angel kit, but from a different US supplier. Been about 3 weeks now too
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2011, 08:17 PM   #10
purifyer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i

Date/Time
Activity
Jun 10, 2011 2:53 PM
Picked up
CITY OF INDUSTRY, CA

(!) the package has actually been picked up by fedex!
Appreciate 0