E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E90 330I Rear Suspension Replacement

08-31-2018, 10:46 AM   #1
chii429
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

E90 330I Rear Suspension Replacement

Hello everyone-

One of my struts has gone bad and am looking to replace. I tried searching however am coming up with limited information. I need to replace the rear struts on my 2006 330i with m sport suspension. I found the following parts for the job:

2 X Bilstein Shock Absorber
2 X Lemfoerder Shock Absorber Mount; Rear Upper; Lower Section
2 X Lemfoerder Shock Absorber Mount; Rear Upper; Upper Section
2 X Genuine BMW Shock Absorber Mount; Rear Upper; Center Section; Sealing Grommet

I assume that is all that is needed for this job however the question I have is what else would you recommend replacing? I was thinking of the following since I am in there anyway:

2 X Lemfoerder Stabilizer/Sway Bar Link; Rear
2 X Meyle Control Arm Bushing; Rear

Am I missing any other components that you would recommend swapping as well? Any input is great appreciated! I did not shop around but found all these parts on AutohausAZ for $269. (I do not think that is bad for 1 stop shopping)
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chii429 View Post
Hello everyone-

One of my struts has gone bad and am looking to replace. I tried searching however am coming up with limited information. I need to replace the rear struts on my 2006 330i with m sport suspension. I found the following parts for the job:

2 X Bilstein Shock Absorber
2 X Lemfoerder Shock Absorber Mount; Rear Upper; Lower Section
2 X Lemfoerder Shock Absorber Mount; Rear Upper; Upper Section
2 X Genuine BMW Shock Absorber Mount; Rear Upper; Center Section; Sealing Grommet

I assume that is all that is needed for this job however the question I have is what else would you recommend replacing? I was thinking of the following since I am in there anyway:

2 X Lemfoerder Stabilizer/Sway Bar Link; Rear
2 X Meyle Control Arm Bushing; Rear

Am I missing any other components that you would recommend swapping as well? Any input is great appreciated! I did not shop around but found all these parts on AutohausAZ for $269. (I do not think that is bad for 1 stop shopping)
Jump on realoem and order all the small parts up and down that go with the rear shocks.

For the rear upper shock mounts (upper and lower section) get the Monroe version. For the lower shock mount, also get the Monroe version. Search in here for Monroe shock mounts for part numbers.

I would recommend doing rear toe arms as well, manzo or Meghan racing brands.

Rear sway bar links etc are unnecessary at this point, you'd be better off figuring out how to budget replacing your front shocks and associated hardware instead.

If you do this, i would also recommend new front sway bar links and front tie rods if you're over 120k Miles and can swing it.
      09-19-2018, 03:24 PM   #3
chii429
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jklad View Post
Jump on realoem and order all the small parts up and down that go with the rear shocks.

For the rear upper shock mounts (upper and lower section) get the Monroe version. For the lower shock mount, also get the Monroe version. Search in here for Monroe shock mounts for part numbers.

I would recommend doing rear toe arms as well, manzo or Meghan racing brands.

Rear sway bar links etc are unnecessary at this point, you'd be better off figuring out how to budget replacing your front shocks and associated hardware instead.

If you do this, i would also recommend new front sway bar links and front tie rods if you're over 120k Miles and can swing it.
Thanks! I see you are local to!
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2018, 03:39 PM   #4
feuer
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy!

I recommend not replace any parts that do not need to be replaced.
Appreciate 0