E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My PROcede V2 - status quo

02-09-2008, 05:26 AM   #1
e.n335
Austria
Rep
Drives: e93 ///M3 DCT, 07/2009

My PROcede V2 - status quo

Hi,

I am one of the PROcede customers who probably knows the product since Vishnu introduced it for the N54.

The last v1.47 version is very stable and when V2 has been released originally, it did not work as expected and caused some problems.

This changed in December 2007. Vishnu released the v2.0.2 12-29-07 map, which is very stable and supports most of the promised features, including the speed limiter defeat function. In January 2008 the v2.0.2 1-10-08 followed with corrected speed limiter defeat functionality.

I do not use speed limiter defeat thus it's winter here and my winter tires are limited to 240 kph.

The PROcede V2 in my car is working flawless without a single, not even a tiny problem. I use it with 90% UT settings, 95.5 octane gas ( AKI ) and will gain some more power using supporting hardware, thus I think it is better for the engine not to squeeze out the last hp from boost, timing and fuel adjustments. The supporting hardware are Forge DV's ( installed ), a Spearco FMIC ( in progress ) and RISS catted Downpipes ( planned ). After that I am done with engine performance. I am already very satisfied with the power of the car, the FMIC and HFC DP's will reduce stress of the turbos and decrease IAT / engine temperatures.

At this power-level the engine performance tuning seems to be very reliable now . I am happy again with my piggyback solution and looking forward to v2.1.

Cheers,
Eugen

Last edited by e.n335; 02-09-2008 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #2
dawgdog
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3, 2016 GT3

I am happy as well. By the time I installed V1.47 all the bugs had been worked out. Loved it for months. I just installed V2 a few weeks ago and no problems whatsoever. I guess procrastination (partly due to fear) has its advantages in some situations.
      02-09-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

zippo problems for me as well on V2 or V1.47. I've only had one limp mode and that was on 1.47 and it was due to a cracked/split vacuum line.

also looking forward to V2.1
      02-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

The latest version is really good indeed. There is only an issue with hickups that randomly (and rarely) appears while accelerating from low rpms.

I dont know if i should be seriously conserned about this, as the car is generaly satisfying with V2.

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 08:21 AM   #5
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 Red Sedan

So far so good for me too. I'm still waiting for the weather to clear but I'm think that the V2 in stock configuration is all that I need. The power is perfect and pulls to red line better than any turbo car I've ever owned. (Buick GN, VW Passat, Audi S4) The power is very smooth and you can really notice the increase at WOT from 80 to 120 mph. This is by far the fastest car I've ever owned and I knew that the 335 would be the best performance car in its class after a few mods. Thanks for your input and continued support to us V2 users Eugen.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 08:24 AM   #6
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep

HFC DP's will reduce stress of the turbos and decrease IAT / engine temperatures.

Eugen....is there any data to support this statement. There seems to be mixed review on the Forum regarding DP's and the performance gains.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 08:26 AM   #7
v2bling
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: speed demon

Wait are you saying performance for catted downpipes? Cause yes they do not perform like the catless ones. The gains for catless are like 30whp up top
Black Sapphire/Black Dakota/Bamboo/AnthraciteHeadliner/M-Tech Kit/Spoiler/Sports/Premium/Navi/HUD/Comfort/Rear Shades/ParkDistance/Ipod/Sports Auto w/Paddle/Logik7/30% Tint/Clear Bra/KW3/ Radenergie rs10 20"/Defi RedRacer Psi/Smoked front reflectors/ LED interior lights

Soon: Rpi Catback, GIAC or EVOtech flash, Dinan Rear Strut, OEM M5 Mirrors
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 08:31 AM   #8
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

eugene,

i sent you a PM...can u take a quick look?

thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.n335 View Post
Hi,

I am one of the PROcede customers who probably knows the product since Vishnu introduced it for the N54.

The last v1.47 version is very stable and when V2 has been released originally, it did not work as expected and caused some problems.

This changed in December 2007. Vishnu released the v2.0.2 12-29-07 map, which is very stable and supports most of the promised features, including the speed limiter defeat function. In January 2008 the v2.0.2 1-10-08 followed with corrected speed limiter defeat functionality.

I do not use speed limiter defeat thus it's winter here and my winter tires are limited to 240 kph.

The PROcede V2 in my car is working flawless without a single, not even a tiny problem. I use it with 90% UT settings, 95.5 octane gas ( AKI ) and will gain some more power using supporting hardware, thus I think it is better for the engine not to squeeze out the last hp from boost, timing and fuel adjustments. The supporting hardware are Forge DV's ( installed ), a Spearco FMIC ( in progress ) and RISS catted Downpipes ( planned ). After that I am done with engine performance. I am already very satisfied with the power of the car, the FMIC and HFC DP's will reduce stress of the turbos and decrease IAT / engine temperatures.

At this power-level the engine performance tuning seems to be very reliable now . I am happy again with my piggyback solution and looking forward to v2.1.

Cheers,
Eugen
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 08:33 AM   #9
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep

I know that there is an increase in HP with a special tune but I want to know if there any data to support Eugen statement that the Riss DP's will reduce the stress on the turbo's. Think about it...it isn't like we are WOT all the time. I do proper warm-up and cool-down everytime I drive and I drive the car hard but not to the point of over heating. Didn't shiv support a race team in Australia that used stock turbo's? I guess I'm still on the fense regarding these dp's and I think the 30hp gain is a little optimistic. Maybe 15hp
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #10
boosted305
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

glad to see you back on board eugen...makes me feel more comfortable about my Procede purchase
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 09:00 AM   #11
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
I know that there is an increase in HP with a special tune but I want to know if there any data to support Eugen statement that the Riss DP's will reduce the stress on the turbo's. Think about it...it isn't like we are WOT all the time. I do proper warm-up and cool-down everytime I drive and I drive the car hard but not to the point of over heating. Didn't shiv support a race team in Australia that used stock turbo's? I guess I'm still on the fense regarding these dp's and I think the 30hp gain is a little optimistic. Maybe 15hp
you also need to look past the peak hp numbers w/ regards to the downpipes. They will also reduce turbo lag/spool time and increase throttle response as a result. The less time for the turbo's to spool up due to less than ideal airflow will result in less heat and stress on the turbo's and engine. The easier you make it for a turbo engine to breathe the better. Downpipes in conjunction with an intake and intercooler is a great idea. Also, Mr. 5 saw a very nice gain with catted UR downpipes w/ the right tuning.......there is plenty of power to be made there.
      02-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep

From what I understand...the IC has enough capacity to handle 400 WHP according to Shiv. I don't argue the spool up but if the the turbos are maxed out with the V2...spooling them up more may be harder on them than letting them run a little hotter. I guess I'm still trying to figure out if the the data supports the ROI. You're looking at about $4K for about 20-30hp and I really don't think it is worth it up to this point. IMHO. Now...if you're wanting to upgrad the turbos then I think the IC, DP's, Exhaust, and Intake are required. It doesn't sound like the DP's are a huge bottle neck. I want to see the data first. Mr.5 did well but not as good as Shiv's bone stock car according to the dyno's.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 09:21 AM   #13
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniz View Post
you also need to look past the peak hp numbers w/ regards to the downpipes. They will also reduce turbo lag/spool time and increase throttle response as a result. The less time for the turbo's to spool up due to less than ideal airflow will result in less heat and stress on the turbo's and engine. The easier you make it for a turbo engine to breathe the better. Downpipes in conjunction with an intake and intercooler is a great idea. Also, Mr. 5 saw a very nice gain with catted UR downpipes w/ the right tuning.......there is plenty of power to be made there.
++ absolutey

since my UR catless dp install, my throttle response is probably 40% better,
and my turbo spool kick in about 300 rpm earlier.
.....very nice exhaust note also (deeper, and about 15% louder).

i have not yet tested for whp gains, but my guess is that there is some.
regardless, just the improved throttle response is worth the mod price IMHO.

only thing is i am still not sure if i like hearing the turbos spool that i do now.

just my 2 cents
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 09:28 AM   #14
Panoz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 Space Grey 335i ,Aero Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambOfGod View Post
I guess I'm still on the fense regarding these dp's and I think the 30hp gain is a little optimistic. Maybe 15hp

-We've recently dynoed a V2 car before/after installation of catted UR DPs (no mods to the secondary ones). The difference on the dyno was just 10Hp.

The cattless can be no more than 20hp and I cant see the point moving into cattless DPs and cause such a hassle for just 10hp (unless you remove/replace secondary ones as well).

Procede V4 , Catless DPs, Forge FMIC, Injen Intake, VK Oilcooler, Hartge Quads Exhaust, Modded CDV, Synapse BOV Kit, BMW Performance 335i SSK Kit, P3 vent boost gauge

Space Grey 335i -> See more pics HERE
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 09:32 AM   #15
XLR8MF
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i sedan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
++ absolutey

since my UR catless dp install, my throttle response is probably 40% better,
and my turbo spool kick in about 300 rpm earlier.
.....very nice exhaust note also (deeper, and about 15% louder).

i have not yet tested for whp gains, but my guess is that there is some.
regardless, just the improved throttle response is worth the mod price IMHO.

only thing is i am still not sure if i like hearing the turbos spool that i do now.

just my 2 cents
Going to get catless as well. Would you say the improved throttle response is also in the low rpm's? I only ask because I miss the whiplash of 1.47 down low.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 09:53 AM   #16
DreX3M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F97-X3M Competition

I too am really happy with V2.02 Jan map except for this cold start idle hunt issue which persists if I run delimited and switched power concurrently.

Seems like this issue only affects a small percentage of procede users but it certainly means the current map ain't totally bug free. Aside from this though, procede ROCKS!
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 10:49 AM   #17
LambOfGod
Lieutenant
Rep

Maybe an expert can help us with the DP's and thier effect on the OEM Turbos. I buy into the fact that spool up is quicker but I'm still on the fence as far as the heat hurting them. IMO the free flow would allow the turbos to spool up past their efficiency and damage them more than the heat. I don't know. Which is worse? Isn't lke holding your motor at REDLINE? DP's setting the Redline higher???
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 01:34 PM   #18
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

Quote:
Hi,

Cheers,
Eugen
I agree I am also happy and eagerly waiting for 2.1. I also have the same performance mods in mind for the future as well.. FMIC,Forge DV's and catted dp's from Riss when available. I believe that puts our cars at a very strong and reliable power state. Plus, it is going to help me out since I live at such high altitudes.

Concerning the UT left at 90%, I was very happy with the power I gained at this UT level, but once I ran numerous logs trying to replicate that 3rd - 4th shift limp I decided to bump it up to 92%. Which not only gave me more power, but also helped smooth out my boost curve quite a bit. Anyways, I still haven't replicated the 3rd - 4th shift limp with the 1-10-08 map, but I did induce a redline 4th gear limp. I'm hoping this limp was caused by the same thing I induced from my 3rd - 4th shift limp. Anyways, Shiv is investigating and more or less is due to my elevation. Other then that I'm very happy with my v2 and is rock solid except these two limps I've had.
      02-09-2008, 01:56 PM   #19
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoz View Post
-We've recently dynoed a V2 car before/after installation of catted UR DPs (no mods to the secondary ones). The difference on the dyno was just 10Hp.

The cattless can be no more than 20hp and I cant see the point moving into cattless DPs and cause such a hassle for just 10hp (unless you remove/replace secondary ones as well).
no the thing to do is go catless dps into stock exhaust system. the stock exhaust is supposed to be pretty good...only thing is the weight.

going catless dp and catless exhaust all the way back = very loud and very smelly...some people have tried it with this same result.

i have the UR catless dps, and although i am at high altitude, the throttle response is 40% better...gald ur catted dp gave u 10 whp.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 01:59 PM   #20
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8MF View Post
Going to get catless as well. Would you say the improved throttle response is also in the low rpm's? I only ask because I miss the whiplash of 1.47 down low.
yes, the improved throttle response i refer to seems to be throughout the rpm range.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 02:09 PM   #21
garyhgaryh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Supercharged e30 M3

i gutted the cat on a Toyota Supra and gain 17rwhp. Definately a gain to be had going catless.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 02:15 PM   #22
sflgator
Major General
Rep
Drives: '09 MB C63 AMG & '08 MB GL450

Quote:
The PROcede V2 in my car is working flawless without a single, not even a tiny problem.
+1. ZERO problems or issues with my current V2 (12/07 6AT map) and TQ Curve settings at 94% across the board. Although I'm very pleased with this v2 map (and would be very happy with this map for the remainder of my lease if need be), I'm still interested to see if there will be another map with any improvements for a PROcede v2 only 335i (stock exhaust, DPs, and intake). Either way, it's pretty much a foregone conclusion that I will be transferring my PROcede v2 to my next 335i in Q1 2009!

|2009 RENNtech MB C63 AMG | Black/Black Leather/Black Maple | Premium II | MultiMedia | iPod |
| TeleAid | Charcoal Filter Delete | BMC High-Flow Air Filters | High-Flow Secondary Cats | Clear Side Markers |
Appreciate 0