E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > No More Limp modes!!!!!

02-10-2008, 01:26 AM   #1
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 01 Black 911 Turbo, 09 X5

No More Limp modes!!!!!

So I know I made a few post in the past because my car has been getting limp modes at high RPM's and couldn’t figure out what’s wrong. By me posting up my issue a few people came out and said they were also having similar problems with their cars. So I wanted to let anyone who is having an issue similar to mine that there is now a fix. Just contact Shiv or PM me and he can send out a Map for the auto trans.

Im very thankful to Shiv for his hard work, great support, and concern on helping me resolve my issue and felt that it would be fit to thank him here since I have posted a lot of issues.

I’m very pleased with my proceed. Cant wait for the DP map. getting my UR dp's put in on Monday and will do some dynos with baseline, V2, and V2+DPs and post them up for your review.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitown335i View Post
So I know I made a few post in the past because my car has been getting limp modes at high RPM's and couldn’t figure out what’s wrong. By me posting up my issue a few people came out and said they were also having similar problems with their cars. So I wanted to let anyone who is having an issue similar to mine that there is now a fix. Just contact Shiv or PM me and he can send out a Map for the auto trans.

Im very thankful to Shiv for his hard work, great support, and concern on helping me resolve my issue and felt that it would be fit to thank him here since I have posted a lot of issues.

I’m very pleased with my proceed. Cant wait for the DP map. getting my UR dp's put in on Monday and will do some dynos with baseline, V2, and V2+DPs and post them up for your review.
That is excellent news. I know this has been an issue for you for a long time and it's great to see a resolution.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 01:46 AM   #3
XxLancaxX
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW 335xi

Garage List
Make sure you take some video of the pulls and bring a USB flash drive. They should be able to save the maps to it for you to have. Take the videos because Ill be in class and want to see, since im not going to be there. lol
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 01:10 PM   #4
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Sounds good chitown, I am glad that it got resolved....

Keep us updated on the DP's....
      02-10-2008, 01:39 PM   #5
MrRipfrog
Another
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vespa GTS

That is great! It's good to hear this map is taking care of the very few people with the limp mode problem!

02-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #6
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:

good news.

btw, how long did it take for to get the new map fix from shiv? and was this just an AT fix?
also, are you worried about getting dp CELS? what do u plan to do about it?

thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 02:45 PM   #7
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRipfrog View Post
That is great! It's good to hear this map is taking care of the very few people with the limp mode problem!

Thanks to you too for send me the map!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post

good news.

btw, how long did it take for to get the new map fix from shiv? and was this just an AT fix?
also, are you worried about getting dp CELS? what do u plan to do about it?

thanks

Well I had this issue since I got the V2 back at the end of december. Im not your typical driver. I do push my car very hard. I have been to the drag strip many times this summer. I drive out to the country and will find a empty road to just push the car. also i enjoy driving my car in manual mode and I mostly stay on the lower gears. The car is just awesome in the way it delivers power. As for this map I do believe it is just a AT fix dont know if MT people were having this issue, just PM shiv, im sure that he will be able to help you. Just understand that he is a busy man and it may take a day or two to reply but from my experience he will get back to you.

Im not really worried about the DP CEL's because I got the dp sim from terry at burger motorsports. So this will resolve that issue. Im very excited as to the future of this car in terms of performance. It crazy how I still get the giddy feeling on a daily basis driving this car, It has it all, luxuary, speed, handles, status, reliablity, and great fuel economy. BMW did a great job on this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 03:13 PM   #9
kevkaz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpinweiss 2009 E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:

Happy to hear its fixed, and looking forward to being up at Great Lakes w/you in April.

2009 E92 M3 - 7/3/09 ED, 8/17/09 redelivery
1997 E36 M3 - Track Rat
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 07:49 PM   #10
Vince@ V K Motorwerks
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I cant wait either. I hate this weather.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #11
sambonator
Samtaro!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F32 N55 Alpinweiß

Congrats on getting it resolved! I wonder what was done to resolve it... reduce boost near redline?
      02-10-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
e90AW335i
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sambonator View Post
Congrats on getting it resolved! I wonder what was done to resolve it... reduce boost near redline?
I believe the new map puts boost back to stock levels at redline on autos....
      02-10-2008, 08:13 PM   #13
cn555ic
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Thats what Shiv has mentioned...Reduce boost at redline
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 08:54 PM   #14
BoostedBMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: TiAg E92 335

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
I'm glad to hear that you finally got your issues resolved.

l 19" Rial Daytona Race l KW V2 l Eisenhaus Race Exhaust l
Appreciate 0