E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > black vs polished vs brushed ER intercooler

07-15-2018, 09:10 PM   #1
bf15
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 335i m sport

black vs polished vs brushed ER intercooler

So i was wondering if anyone has some pictures of the ER intercooler in a comparison scenario. I am trying to decide which goes best with silver e92 that i have.

I currently have the black ER charge pipe and think it looks nice, but i haven't seen any photos other than the sales photos of the black intercooler.

Also how does the paint hold up on them? any flaking?

I was thinking of going with black to match my charge pipe, but then thought it might look cool to have the polished look for the intercooler.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 10:53 AM   #2
tan_rich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335is

With the polished intercooler, it doesn't really stand out if you have the OEM bumper grills in place. That probably goes for most of the smaller 5-7" intercooler.
The painted black is unnecessary cost imo. For the chargepipe it is fine since it fits the OEM chargepipe color.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 11:24 AM   #3
WatchWolf34
Because Racecar
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 335i 6MT

I agree with tan_rich. If you go black, you won't be able to see it at all so it's great for the sleeper route but not really an aesthetic improvement. I have a silver ETS 5" without the ETS logo stenciled on and it's very under pronounced.
      07-17-2018, 04:43 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf15 View Post
So i was wondering if anyone has some pictures of the ER intercooler in a comparison scenario. I am trying to decide which goes best with silver e92 that i have.

I currently have the black ER charge pipe and think it looks nice, but i haven't seen any photos other than the sales photos of the black intercooler.

Also how does the paint hold up on them? any flaking?

I was thinking of going with black to match my charge pipe, but then thought it might look cool to have the polished look for the intercooler.
Since the black is anodized they have a bit more protection. However after 10's of thousands of miles I'd imagine like any paint or anodization, eventually it will give in and chip.

Between the finishes it really comes down to what you're looking for.

I prefer brushed myself.

Brushed
Appreciate 0