E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Air conditioning issues

06-30-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
WillLowe
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 435d

Air conditioning issues

I fitted a new Xtrons headunit yesterday all seems to work fine with the unit however my climate control seems to have developed a mind of its own. The buttons illuminate but seems to have no control over what happens with the air con settings which at the minute is randomly changing itself from low power to full power every minute or so. Even with the key out of the car the top vents still seem to be blowing for a few minutes. Any clues on a fox for this? Thinking it may be a coding issue as I've checked all the connections in the harnesses in the back
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2018, 03:36 AM   #2
sirleeofroy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 330D M-Sport LCI

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillLowe335d View Post
I fitted a new Xtrons headunit yesterday all seems to work fine with the unit however my climate control seems to have developed a mind of its own. The buttons illuminate but seems to have no control over what happens with the air con settings which at the minute is randomly changing itself from low power to full power every minute or so. Even with the key out of the car the top vents still seem to be blowing for a few minutes. Any clues on a fox for this? Thinking it may be a coding issue as I've checked all the connections in the harnesses in the back
That is rather odd, can't say I've had anything like that happen with mine but you could try disconnecting the CAN decoder box (the black box) to see if that helps. If that has any effect then it could be that the CAN decoder settings on the head unit might be incorrect.

Do your steering wheel buttons work as expected?

Also, seeing as you now have one of these PX5 units, I would have a read here - https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...re-development

The guy Malaysk has done a brilliant job of improving the OS should you want to run a custom firmware with added extras, Viper4Android being one of the single best additions.

You should also find updates for the MCU which can help with glitches etc...

Appreciate 0