E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Porsche Cayman S

04-28-2008, 03:05 AM   #67
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Knew you'd like it! Congratulations, it's a fantastic car!

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 03:36 AM   #68
chrisbin
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640i MSport Coupe

Nice car! Well done!

Previous - Alpina D3 BiTurbo E90 LCI Manual, 320d M Sport E92 Auto, 330i M Sport E92 courtesy of BMW UK....320i M Sport E92 Auto, 320d SE E90 Manual.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 07:14 AM   #69
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Congratulations Helen. Just don't turn into another Shamzina

We certainly missed you at UK5. Hope your Mum gets better soon and that we will see you at a meet in the future, porch or not. (The last to wind up our newest member. )

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 07:42 AM   #70
PhilR
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 330d M Sport Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatbloke View Post
Nice one BB!

I'm insanely jealous. I've wanted a porker since I was about 6 years old.
+1

Think I was 8 though.

Nice choice Helen. They do look the biz in Black

Your gunna have to change your thread name if you stay with E90 in some capacity....I mean, Beemerbird with a Porker.......

PhilR
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 08:37 AM   #71
RockIt
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: Mercedes C350 Coupe

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
+1

Think I was 8 though.

Your gunna have to change your thread name if you stay with E90 in some capacity....I mean, Beemerbird with a Porker.......

PhilR
Think I was about 10 when I first became aware of Porsche. I've always wanted one as well. BTW, Helen's Cayman S is Atlas Grey. Think black was mentioned as it can look very dark in certain lighting conditions.

RockIt!
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 09:07 AM   #72
scottc
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Mercedes E350 Cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemerbird View Post
Now the 'nitty gritty'. Bearing in mind that I know of someone who has just bought from a local dealer, a highly specced E92 335d on a 56 plate with 12k, on the clock for just over 22k, my 'ball park' guesstimate of my cars value was not far off the mark. However, it is the end of the month and they were prepared to 'deal'. Bottom line is tracker monitor, 1 years extended full Porsche warranty, 6 months road tax and full tank of fuel. I decided though to push a bit more. The sales manager appeared AGAIN and I said "Fit a bluetooth kit and you've got a deal." He looked me square in the face and I smiled as nicely as I could and he said "Oh go on then" and offered me his hand. So there you have it - I've bought a Porsche Cayman S !!!!
£22k seems very cheap. I have not seen a 335d for less than £25k with nothing on it.

Congrats on the new though, really nice
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 09:19 AM   #73
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
Congrats helen - looks a stunning car

(I am not at all jealous!! )

I am sure it will bring you immense fun
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:03 AM   #74
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Top bird strikes again !!! Helen well chuffed for you,i knew you would buy one nice spec aswell

Right thats the pleasentries out the way,we must meet asap i need to play in a Caymen and obviously you can play with mine give me a couple of weeks for work to calm down and for you to get used to it and we play like children

Ps,glad your mams ok
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #75
Terza
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

First, I'd like to congratulate... A move from BMW to Porsche seems so very natural, doesn't it?

Porsche makes very nice cars. I've driven a C4S cabrio recently (sadly, it was an automatic), and the thing that impressed me the most was the sound... Beautiful!! However, I didn't feel it was that much better than a BMW... At least it seemed so to me, but I may be wrong. The one thing I really disliked was the steering wheel... After getting used to my M sport steering wheel, all the others seem so very thin and lacking. And, TBH, the car didn't seem to be any faster than my 335d, even from zero. Probably due to the quite slow automatic. Also, an extremely unpractical car, no boot space at all... Then comes the price: it would be something like 150k euro in Croatia...

However, I'm really looking forward to the Panamera... That could be a nice, fast and practical Porsche. After my folks chose an X6 (Vermilion Red, delivery in July!) to a Cayenne S, I think I could treat my self with a nice Panamera S in a year or two...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 01:41 PM   #76
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: Merc diesel

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockIt View Post
Knew you'd like it! Congratulations, it's a fantastic car!
Cheers RockIt - remember, get saving or sell something!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisbin View Post
Nice car! Well done!
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post

We certainly missed you at UK5. Hope your Mum gets better soon and that we will see you at a meet in the future, porch or not. (The last to wind up our newest member. )
Cheers Matt. Thanks, Mum is fine, just needs to rest etc. Just make sure the next meet involves lots of twisty roads eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilR View Post
+1

Think I was 8 though.

PhilR
Thanks Phil. The 'user name' has been mentioned - will have to think of variations on a theme perhaps.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #77
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottc View Post
£22k seems very cheap. I have not seen a 335d for less than £25k with nothing on it.

Congrats on the new though, really nice
Thanks scott. Does seem a BIT cheap, I agree even with 'end of month sales figures'. May do some more probing on this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
Congrats helen - looks a stunning car

(I am not at all jealous!! )

I am sure it will bring you immense fun
Cheers Paul - North Yorks moors watch out eh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post

Top bird strikes again !!! Helen well chuffed for you,i knew you would buy one nice spec aswell

Right thats the pleasentries out the way,we must meet asap i need to play in a Caymen and obviously you can play with mine give me a couple of weeks for work to calm down and for you to get used to it and we play like children

Ps,glad your mams ok
Calvin - what can I say luv? As discussed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terza View Post
First, I'd like to congratulate... A move from BMW to Porsche seems so very natural, doesn't it?

Porsche makes very nice cars. I've driven a C4S cabrio recently (sadly, it was an automatic), and the thing that impressed me the most was the sound... Beautiful!! However, I didn't feel it was that much better than a BMW... At least it seemed so to me, but I may be wrong. The one thing I really disliked was the steering wheel... After getting used to my M sport steering wheel, all the others seem so very thin and lacking.
Hi and yes, noticed the standard steering wheel does look a bit thin. I've got the three spoke one, which is more akin to the M sport variety.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #78
Oli
Campervan man
Rep
Drives: RS3 and VW Kombi

Another leaving the fold - Good choice of replacement - What were your main reasons for the switch??? - More driver envolvement?
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #79
Porscha!
Should be on www.retrorides.com
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche 944

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post

LOL!

To the new Porsche owner, just make sure youdon't devalue the brand it is prenounced - "Por-sch-ah"!!

Front Engined Porsche
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #80
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
Nice one Helen - enjoy the new motor!
      04-28-2008, 02:21 PM   #81
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by OliH View Post
Another leaving the fold - Good choice of replacement - What were your main reasons for the switch??? - More driver envolvement?
Won't be doing the mileage I'd predicted due to circumstances. Really like the big 'D' and NO complaints. Decided to let my heart rule my head for a change and having ridden motorbikes for a few years, you get hooked on the adrenalin rush. Miss that. Not to say the 335d doesn't give you a rush - especially after a re-map. But with the best will in the world, the handling ain't going to compete with the Cayman.

Life's too short and once I'd driven the Porsche and discussed the deal I thought WTF. Don't carry passengers, hardly ever and I DO enjoy the challenge of 'can I get down this road any faster'. Basically, it's a car for ME this time around and I hope I won't be dissappointed. So yes, more driver involvement.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 02:24 PM   #82
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

Quote:
Won't be doing the mileage I'd predicted due to circumstances. Really like the big 'D' and NO complaints. Decided to let my heart rule my head for a change and having ridden motorbikes for a few years, you get hooked on the adrenalin rush. Miss that. Not to say the 335d doesn't give you a rush - especially after a re-map. But with the best will in the world, the handling ain't going to compete with the Cayman.

Life's too short and once I'd driven the Porsche and discussed the deal I thought WTF. Don't carry passengers, hardly ever and I DO enjoy the challenge of 'can I get down this road any faster'. Basically, it's a car for ME this time around and I hope I won't be dissappointed. So yes, more driver involvement.
You won't be dissapointed.
      04-28-2008, 02:26 PM   #83
jjbirch
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 530D M SPORT

Garage List
all i can say is wow i hope u have fun in it, now a must is allways wear sunglasses, can i ask did u leave the remap in the big D
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #84
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Cheers Matt. Thanks, Mum is fine, just needs to rest etc. Just make sure the next meet involves lots of twisty roads eh.
Wait until you see some of the video of UK5

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #85
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbirch View Post
all i can say is wow i hope u have fun in it, now a must is allways wear sunglasses, can i ask did u leave the remap in the big D
Sure I'll have fun jj

Oh yes, sunglasses - got some, but invariably forget to wear them.

Yep, 'big D' is going as is, so someone may get a nice surprise!
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #86
beemerbird
Major General
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Looks lovely Helen. Out of interest did you save much from the new price? When ever I look at the approved used prices they never seem far off the new price.
Hi Richard, sorry I forgot to answer your question.

The car was roughly 10k less than from new in 12 months. Take into account dealer mark up and that gives you a rough idea. Car has approx. 9k of options so you can argue that the options are where you lose the initial money? Dealer did point this out actually ie. some options just aren't worth anything on trade in. Would like to know why original owner only did 3k in one year (second car and for fun?) and why he got rid of it.
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2008, 03:08 PM   #87
Gibbo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Golf Ed35

It always amazes me that you can walk round the second hand stock at a Porsche dealer and how low mileage the cars have in the showroom.

I would not worry - it's Porsche approved.
      04-30-2008, 10:03 AM   #88
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Helen,where the bloody 'ell are you
Appreciate 0