E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > "your vehicle is at port awaiting a shipping vessel"

07-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
Jtennistar
Rep
Drives: 328i convertible

"your vehicle is at port awaiting a shipping vessel"

I called the 1800 # and this was the response i got: "your vehicle is at port awaiting a shipping vessel". I did a few searches and people have said they got this message when their boat was in Germany waiting for a vessel, but my car arrived in NY on Integrity on Sunday... does this message mean my car is waiting to go to the vpc or has it gone through the vpc and is waiting a truck to the dealer???or is the message just an error??my owners circle status in still en route but i know that takes longer to update. does anyone know what my situation could be? thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:34 PM   #2
MIC328i
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

probably still unloading or waiting for a truck/train if necessary .. it usually takes a while to unload .
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:35 PM   #3
ratio
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i

I think it means the car has arrived at the port in the U.S. and is waiting for a truck to the dealer.

At least, I hope it means that, as my car just made the same transition, and I believe it should have just arrived in LA.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #4
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
that means they are drifting it around a bit before they send it down to the dealer for you. haha just messin but i have no idea.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:51 PM   #5
stevger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

As near as we can figure out the 1-800 number does this each time the car is a transport vessel between locations...
i.e.:

When it is waiting to get on a boat in Bremerhaven you get the "at port" message
While on the boat it will say "in transit"
When it arrives in the US, but is at port it will say "at port" message (the vessel in this case is a truck of some kind). You are waiting to get to the VPC.
While it is on the truck to the VPC, it will say "in transit"
Then I never got the message it is at the VPC, but some people do.
Then while it is at the VPC waiting to get on a truck to your BMW dealer it will AGAIN say the "at port" message
Then once it gets on a truck to your dealer it will again say "in transit"
I'm not sure if it ever says "at your dealer", mine never did.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
stevger
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

As near as we can figure out the 1-800 number does this each time the car is a transport vessel between locations...
i.e.:

When it is waiting to get on a boat in Bremerhaven you get the "at port" message
While on the boat it will say "in transit"
When it arrives in the US, but is at port it will say "at port" message (the vessel in this case is a truck of some kind). You are waiting to get to the VPC.
While it is on the truck to the VPC, it will say "in transit"
Then I never got the message it is at the VPC, but some people do.
Then while it is at the VPC waiting to get on a truck to your BMW dealer it will AGAIN say the "at port" message
Then once it gets on a truck to your dealer it will again say "in transit"
I'm not sure if it ever says "at your dealer", mine never did.

so basically, once your car gets to the US, it's unlikely the 1-800 number will be very informative..

And of course, beyond all this, the 1-800 number is anywhere from 1-2 days behind anyway...
Appreciate 0