E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > 2008 335xi coupe - original front facia?

02-15-2019, 08:38 AM   #1
gde061
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

2008 335xi coupe - original front facia?

My car has a VRSF 7" intercooler, and the guy I bought if from said he modified the front for it to fit... but when I was under the car I noticed there were no cuts, so I was thinking maybe he swapped it with a different front trim from another model? I try searching for pic's online but it turns up all kinds of tangential stuff.

I also want to replace the undercar shield that is missing -- want to make sure I get one that will attach properly to the front end. (Also, no cuts means I think I have to take off the front facia to get the intercooler out to get to the radiator drain plug! It is a M/T so there is not trans fluid cooler...

I know this is a noobe question, but hopefully an easy one for the eye of the BMW affecionatos here! Thanks for the help.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #2
OstrichE92
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 335xi Coupe

Garage List
I was reading up on 7" FMIC's today and apparently, you need to do a little bit of trimming on some plastic shrouding to get it to fit, I don't actually know how noticeable it would be if you didn't do it yourself/know what to look for.
That might be what he is talking about?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #3
gde061
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by OstrichE92 View Post
I was reading up on 7" FMIC's today and apparently, you need to do a little bit of trimming on some plastic shrouding to get it to fit, I don't actually know how noticeable it would be if you didn't do it yourself/know what to look for.
That might be what he is talking about?
Yeah, that's what I thought he meant... but then when I was under the car there was no sign of any trimming. I watched this video today and it looks like you don't cut the bumper, but it also looks a stock bumper has clearance with the larger inter-cooler everywhere but the corners.... so that leads me back to thinking it's not the stock bumper.

But seriously, anyone here know if this is stock?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2019, 04:13 PM   #4
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

It's the bumper shroud that is cut. (The black plastic). It would be the back side of the front bumper. It's not at the bottom. It is a stock bumper in that picture. Whether it was replaced with a new one or not is a different story.
Appreciate 0