E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > e92 roundel replacement ?

12-23-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

Question e92 roundel replacement ?

has anyone sucessfully removed and fitted new BMWlogo roundels to a 07 e92 ?

i am having trouble removing them at the moment, they wont budge ive tried feeding the flat banding behind, like i read in one thread, but still no joy !!

and dont even get me started on the back on i cant even get the banding behind that one !

(i have searched this by the way , no recent threads on this )

so any tips anyone

thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

update : done it

just a tip for anyone who finds this thread looking for advice..

i used a credit card to provide a non scratch surface between the paint and the roundel. slip the card under the roundel, then i used a wide bladed chissel to slowly lever out the roundel ( much better than a screwdriver because its wider and therefore puts pressure on both pins ) The rear roundel is a bit of a pain because its so tight and has rubber sticky stuff behind it you cant get the card in behind the roundel its that tight. what i did was, well firstly i was pretty out of ideas until a friend of mine came round while i was doing it and she put her fingernail behind it just enough for me to get my card in that worked and i prised it out again with the flat wide chissel.

looks good, perfect fit on the front. The rear is slightly out ( sits proud in the middle by about 2-3mm becasue of the shape of the boot ) but what i did to solve that was bought some double sided black rubber like on the original roundel and now its fine, becasue you cant see light through.

job done
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
FaintReality
NoUSE4aName
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 550i

I use the good ol' fishing string or dental floss method. Just place string behind emblem and pull back and forth, in which it safely cuts through the double sided tape. Once the eblem is off, just remove all double sided tape, clean, wax, etc.
Appreciate 0