E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 330D Colour choice and video camera

01-14-2008, 05:38 PM   #1
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 in Sakhir Orange

Garage List
330D Colour choice and video camera

OK, this is my first post, and I'm asking for advice .

At the moment I have an '04' reg 320D M Sport in Imola red, and it is a fantastic car :-).

But now I will be ordering a new car in 3-4 months and I really want a 330D M Sport in a red metallic, has anyone had any luck getting Indianapolis red on an M Sport model?

Next, I'd like to wire a video camera and recorder (Compact-Flash) and have the option to display the recording on the professional nav TV screen (I will have TV as an option). Has anyone done this please?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:00 AM   #2
Bumps
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 320i M Sport

Garage List
Welcome to the forum tisme - it's a nice place

Don't know anything about the video question, but for the colour you will have to consult your dealer about the BMW Individual programme - and it will certainly cost you!!

Let us know how you get on.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 04:01 AM   #3
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
OK, this is my first post, and I'm asking for advice .

At the moment I have an '04' reg 320D M Sport in Imola red, and it is a fantastic car :-).

But now I will be ordering a new car in 3-4 months and I really want a 330D M Sport in a red metallic, has anyone had any luck getting Indianapolis red on an M Sport model?

Next, I'd like to wire a video camera and recorder (Compact-Flash) and have the option to display the recording on the professional nav TV screen (I will have TV as an option). Has anyone done this please?

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

Hi Tisme, welcome..

As has been said already - BMW Individual paint will get you the Indi red on your car. Expensive though!

As for the camera, yes it's possible. You need either the unit from www.tvandnavtogo.com or the A/V unit from www.nav.tv

The first company is Stateside, the second is UK based (in Cardiff) I have the A/V unit from Nav TV and it works great - I have a DVD player mounted in the boot so I can watch movies etc, and you can hook up a camera and audio as well as a freeview TV tuner too...

Last edited by E92Fan; 01-15-2008 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #4
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
E92Fan thanks for those links, though I cannot get the US link to work. I have emailed the UK supplier as it looks as though they can help. You have quite some car!

Well Bumps, I will see if I can bend the ear of my BMW dealer - I am hoping not to pay big bucks. My second choice is Le Mans Blue.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #5
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tisme View Post
E92Fan thanks for those links, though I cannot get the US link to work. I have emailed the UK supplier as it looks as though they can help. You have quite some car!

Well Bumps, I will see if I can bend the ear of my BMW dealer - I am hoping not to pay big bucks. My second choice is Le Mans Blue.
Sorry, it is www.tvandnavtogo.com !!!

The Nav TV unit is slightly different... Very good though! And the audio/video quality is v good too, especially off the DVD player. I'm installing a Sony bullet cam and a High-Def Hard Disc video recorder in the car too... but that will be in the next month or so.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #6
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
Tony, have they modified the video signal to eliminate the fuzzz ?

Can't have Darth vader getting Fuzzed out

SJ
      01-15-2008, 01:49 PM   #7
mjh93sa
Major General
Rep
Drives: 530d

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post
You need a modified disc to sort out the fuzz. Sergei should be able to supply one.

Gone: Fiesta - Focus - E46 320dSE - E91 330dMSport - E82 135iMSport - R55 JCW Clubman - M135i
Now: 530d
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 01:53 PM   #8
tisme
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92Fan View Post
Sorry, it is www.tvandnavtogo.com !!!

The Nav TV unit is slightly different... Very good though! And the audio/video quality is v good too, especially off the DVD player. I'm installing a Sony bullet cam and a High-Def Hard Disc video recorder in the car too... but that will be in the next month or so.
Thanks that works. Please can you let us know how you get on with your HD recording system. I'm after a Compact Flash recorder for an in-car camera.
      01-15-2008, 01:58 PM   #9
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serjames View Post

Can't have Darth vader getting Fuzzed out

SJ
They have the solution yes - just need to get to Cardiff when I'm back in the UK. And need to fit in Lavish inbetween too - ho hum.. might need to have a holiday soon...!!
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #10
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
hows praha ?

SJ
      01-15-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjh93sa View Post
You need a modified disc to sort out the fuzz. Sergei should be able to supply one.
He hasn't yet started working on 'Fuzzloss De-luxe' DVDs, although some Spanish DVDs seem to use fuzzy logic of their own.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #12
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

Hey all

I didn't spec the TV tuner option with my car and i wish I had, i presume I could use one of those units to achieve this?

would it be quite crude i.e no TV option on I-drive? and what about an aerial? so many questions perhaps i should just retrofit the bmw tv option assuming its not too expensive..
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #13
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzapb View Post
Hey all

I didn't spec the TV tuner option with my car and i wish I had, i presume I could use one of those units to achieve this?

would it be quite crude i.e no TV option on I-drive? and what about an aerial? so many questions perhaps i should just retrofit the bmw tv option assuming its not too expensive..
The BMW TV option is MEGA expensive (because of all the coding etc and the fact that aerials have to be installed in the rear bumper) and largely pointless as there's a cheaper way.

The products from either www.nav.tv or www.navandtvtogo.com allow the IDrive screen to used as a monitor. I can't speak personally for the navandtvtogo stuff, but the www.nav.tv A/V unit is great - you use the IDrive knob to switch the screen over to monitor mode, and then use a credit-card style remote control to change channels on a little Freeview box installed in the boot. The aerial sits along the top of the front windscreen or the rear window. Volume etc is still controlled by the standard BMW controls. Incidentally, to get the Freeview box in the rear to receive the remote control signal, there's a tiny remote eye installed in the front of the cabin - mine is installed in the passenger footwell and unless you're specifically looking for it you'll never notice it's there.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2008, 06:12 AM   #14
dazzapb
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2019 X3M Comp

thanks tony, was it easy to fit, i'm a bit clueless and did nav.tv supply the freeview tuner in the package?

how much would it set me back to get this fitted mate? sorry so many questions.
Appreciate 0