E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > PLEASE HELP 2011 328i e90 electrical problems fuel pump, lighting, windows

10-20-2019, 06:29 PM   #1
juanmrguevara
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i N51 E90

PLEASE HELP 2011 328i e90 electrical problems fuel pump, lighting, windows

On friday i Left key in ignition and fell asleep in car. Car died so i got a jump. But after i noticed some electronics werent working as well as the car telling me electrical system please stop vehicle or continue driving if possible. Things not working- front and rear windows, internal lights, cluster lights, emrgency lights, lock button, turn signals. Things that still worked- moonroof, headlights, brake lights, AC, radio, Navigation screen, glove box light, remote unlock/lock. Furthermore the car started and drove fine, i turned it off and on multiple times. Saturday i went to autozone to test battery (bought a new one 8 months ago from autozone) they said battery was bad, so they gave me a new one and i swapped it. Car started, but problem persisted. On a hunch i asked to recheck new battery, same message came up "battery bad". I asked them to check the old battery also and it said that the battery was good!! Apparently the car was saying the battery was bad. So I decided to check the fuses and they were all good. Now im scratching my head. There was a mechanic working on 2 cars in the parking lot and i asked if he had a code reader. So he ran a diagnostic and the alternator came up, he said that has to be the issue. So bought new alternator he swapped it for me and nothing the car started but same issues. So he says ok it has to be a fuse! He starts checking takes a couple out to see if they are blown (they weren't) and then the fun really began. Engine suddenly stopped running, tried restaring the car and nothing totally dead, so he did something with the fuses and engine now tries to start but doesnt fully turnover. He couldn't figure it out, I suspect he put some fuses wrong causing the car not to start, specifically the message for Fuel pump started showing up when trying to start car as well as dsc, dbs, electrical system, and gear may be engaged without brake. Now my navigation screen is not working as well, even though it worked last night. I have tried my best to check the fuses to see what may be wrong or if something is in wrong position, but nothing. I really just want to get the car running again, so i can take it to the shop and figure out this electrical issue. I will attach pictures of my fuse box as well as diagram and warning signs. Any help is greatly appreciated thank you.
Appreciate 0