E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > Please help my E91!! DIY for loom wires?

03-29-2020, 12:42 PM   #1
ruimpinho
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E91 LCI, W221, Model S, 987S

Exclamation Please help my E91!! DIY for loom wires?

Hello everyone! This is my first thread in this forum. Hope to stay for a long time and help other members!

I have a 2008 E91 LCI (320 D). Got a very nice deal, despite a few electronic problems:
- None of my key fob buttons work (lock/unlock/trunk), so I have to open the car manually. The central locking works fine on the dash button
- Very often, when I unlock the car (with the metal key on the driver’s door), the rear trunk glass opens. However, micro switch never responds no matter what I do
- The full trunk latch works fine, but sometimes it does not respond (bad contact?)
- One of the rear parking lights (LED) does not work (the one in the trunk, left side). Everything else does (both reverse lights, 3rd brake light, brakes, blinkers)

- The rear wiper does not work, but the washer does
- The interior lights for the trunk do not light up

My fuses seem to be ok. From what I read, this leads me to believe that either I need a new diversity module and/or the trunk wires are damaged in some way. And possibly a new key.

In my garage, I was already able to remove the rear spoiler and expose the diversity module (looks very clean, no signs of rust).

However, I can’t find any information on how to repair the wires or check where the problem comes from. Don’t want to cut the wire loom without proper confirmation.

What should be my next step?
Thank you in advance!!!
Appreciate 0